The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Can’t get park pickle… What next?

Hi all, I was trying to get my hands on a gnu park pickle in 147 however, there are none left. Wondering what you think the next closest board spec wise to this would be? I heard the skate banana? Is that correct? What’s the k2 weapon like for going down runs?

Hey Pazza
Just so u know mate, this is the skate section. But no biggie, I’m sure someone will move it soon.

The skate banana is very similar to the park pickle but it doesn’t have the asymmetric heel edge (heel edge is a different shape to the toe edge)
Both boards are made by the same company Mervin MFG

The K2 weapon is a good board from what i’ve heard. 2 of the best park rats that I ride with both have weapons so they must be pretty decent. And yeah they’re similar to the bananas too.

I moved it back to the snow section. smile

pazza, worth reading stockstandard’s offer in your other thread.

The k2 weapon is a good board, but is a pure jib stick. Its flat between the bindings and rocker outside them and you ride it about 5cm shorter than normal. It is awesome for jibing, street and small/medium jumps on softer snow, and would be ok in pow if yours isnt too short. But the Weapon is a NOODLE! super soft and flexy. You could ride it down runs, but are not going to have the stability or control of a stiffer park board like the banana or pickle. If you were looking to K2, the Parkstar has a similar flat rocker profile but is more solid due to being stiffer and you ride normal length. I ride the Parkstar, but it still is going to give you a fairly different feel to Pickle or a Skate Banana

burton process, easy livin

wait for the 2012?

The 2012 boards are what’s currently in Australia anyway. We are a year ahead with Lib Tech and GNU, as well as some other brands.

A few that I would look at - All Medium Flex

Stepchild - Salary Man (Cambered or Rockered models) *used to be called the Powder Sucks

DC - MLF (Cambered)

Lib Tech - Skate Banana (Rockered) *Probably the closest thing to the Park Pickle, I think!!!!! (Like Andy said also!!!!)

Lib Tech - Banana Magic (Camber/Rocker/Camber) *Slightly stiffer than the Pickle/Skate Banana

DC - Tone (Rocker/Flat/Rocker)

Stepchild - JP Walker (Flat - zero camber/rocker) *Warren Chapstick has this board - He’s the guy with the cheesy mo in this edit!!!!!

I miss read the thread heading and thought it said can’t get pickled. I thought to myself dam that’s a talent, then reread it. I am having one of those days.

Capita horrorscope is rocker/flat/rocker. Indoor survival also is rocker/flat/rocker with a sintered base and carbon stringers.

Yes basic camrock is also a good option.

The board that started it all for YES., with the graphic that still makes people smile. Simple, fun, and positive. The new BASIC has a softer flex, an upgraded base, and a more subtle CAMrock profile (less camber under foot). The result, a softer and more playful ride.

BRAND: YES.

MODEL: The Basic

YEAR: 2012

RRP: $699.00 AUD

TYPE: All-mountain / Freestyle

SIZES: 146, 150, 155, 157, 157 (Wide), 159, 159 (Wide), 163 (Wide), 166 (Wide)

FEATURES: CAMrock Infinity.

SHAPE: Twin

CORE FLEX PATTERN: Twin

CAMBER PROFILE: Camber between the feet, rocker nose and tail.

BASE: Sintered 6000

FLEX (1 = softest, 10 = stiffest): 5

Rome postermania is rocker/flat/rocker.

Made to do everything. The Postermania can take you from the park to the backcountry having fun all the way. On Rome’s new FreePop camber you get just the right amount of looseness without sacrificing pop.

BRAND: Rome

MODEL: Postermania

YEAR: 2012

RRP: $749.00 AUD

TYPE: All-mountain / Freestyle

SIZES: 144, 147, 150, 152 (Wide), 153, 155 (Wide), 156, 158 (Wide), 159

FEATURES: Carbon Stitched Topsheet, Carbon V Stringers, QuickRip Sidecut.

SHAPE: Twin

CORE FLEX PATTERN: Twin

CAMBER PROFILE: Flat

BASE: Sintered

FLEX (1 = softest, 10 = stiffest): 6

How bout your other choice you mentioned before, the custom flying v?

I thought that ya had written that one off????

it would still be a great choice!!!!!

Thanks guys, and your thoughts on gnu carbon credit?

Still looking at flying v now that cant get a pickle , the rome board doesnt seem like too bad an option either if i can find one

Basically the same as a skate banana mate, just got a mate one but in 162 wide, the guy has size 14 boots ha ha!

anyone know where there is a rome postermania in a 144 or 147?

I left a message with the Rome rep. He’ll get back to me tomorrow. Hopefully we can track one down for you.

OK, just got off the phone with the Rome rep. No Postermania 144s came came into the country. He tracked down a 147 for you. There is only one store in Australia that has one left.

Alpine Beach - http://www.alpinebeach.com.au/ - (02) 4367 4944

I just spoke to them for you. The board retails at $749. They will sell it at 30% off, so down to $524. Shipping to Melbourne will be $25, so $549 total to your door. Speak to Isabel and tell her you are from Boardworld. It’s all sorted, give them a call if you want it.