The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Oz Girl ~ Should she be on Boardworld?

Poll: What should we do with Ozgirl?
Total Votes: 90
Leave her alone, she’s RAD
Off with her head Arrrggghhhhh
Tease her about being a skier and patroller relentlessly
Give her a board so she can throw the poles and free the mind.
Make her follow JustGivers example and keep her activity to a minimum.
MoonUnit - 30 August 2011 09:58 AM
ozgirl - 30 August 2011 05:45 AM

Either that or Jonathan Rhys Meyers….. hehe

I don’t know if I would be able to say no to him!

I just finished watching all four seasons of The Tudors while I was off sick for a week. By the end of it I thought Jonathan Rhys Meyers was Henry VIII…but whilst we are taking about it…I reckon you should give boarding a go, cos there would be a few pros around who would look after you and might only laugh a bit when you fall over.

MU

Yeah thats what I meant to - didn’t he like beheading woman???

ozgirl - 30 August 2011 10:06 AM

I just finished watching all four seasons of The Tudors while I was off sick for a week. By the end of it I thought Jonathan Rhys Meyers was Henry VIII…but whilst we are taking about it…I reckon you should give boarding a go, cos there would be a few pros around who would look after you and might only laugh a bit when you fall over.

MU

Hey he’s just misunderstood. He actually only had Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard beheaded. That’s only 2/6.

Catherine of Aragon - poisoned
Anne Boleyn - beheaded
Jane Seymour - died in childbirth (common in those days)
Anne of Cleeves - lived till old age (marriage was annulled)
Catherine Howard (beheaded cos she was trailer trash)
Catherine Parr (lived to the ripe old age of 36 and survived 4 husbands)

Yeh so he only beheaded two of them which is OK in my book.

MU

ozgirl - 30 August 2011 10:06 AM

MU

Bring a HDD to the Shred and I’ll give you all four seasons in avi format.

I also have a nice collection of snowboarding vids which you can peruse as well.

MU

Yeah I have watched it/got it… just confused by your comment. I thought I had the wrong king.

I went C!!!!!!!!!!!

Only one King around here, oz!!!!!

Just ask rider!!!!!  smirk

mad

What????

I’ve got video evidence now!!!!!  LOL

BTW - if we get some miracle snowfall dumpage from 12-15th Sept I wont be putting on a board!

I haven’t decide how many inches this would equate to yet….

(and really i doubt anyone wants to spend time teaching me to board if there is pow to be had!)

ozgirl - 31 August 2011 04:47 AM

BTW - if we get some miracle snowfall dumpage from 12-15th Sept I wont be putting on a board!

- Incorrect

I haven’t decide how many inches this would equate to yet….

- Unsubstantiated

(and really i doubt anyone wants to spend time teaching me to board if there is pow to be had!)

- Slight possibility

Mizu - you really really really want me to put on a board that much that you will babysit me learning to board??? You would be happy for me to slow you down that much?

I’m a cruiser anyways, oz!!!!! So I got no probs with that!!!!!

Plus we have nyteskye bringin his sister along to the Shred, and she is a beginner!!!!! Not even sure if she has given the two planks a go before, so you’ll have that advantage already!!!!!

I’d rather see ya on a board and part of the gang, but most of all partake in the buzz from shear fun that ya get when boarding!!!!! Ya must think that we are a fun crew cause ya have been frequentin Boardworld for a while now, and with nearly 400 posts in a month and a half iit’s a good sign that ya like the place!!!!!

And if ya like this place, then ya gonna love snowboardin!!!!! Simple mathematics!!!!!  cool grin

:sob: I am not part of the gang… maybe I shouldn’t come at all…. :sob:

I love snowboardERS - isn’t that enough?

In all seriousness

I honestly don’t think I am very good at it - I am sure I have done over 10 days on a board. once even about 3 days straight with group lessons…. (isn’t that the break thru point - it has been for others, I am not taking this piss here like other jokers out there) struggled on a blue…. everyone went flying past me.

I actually have wondered if i would have ever been able to ski if i wasn’t doing it before I could walk…..

But if rider can get me past the mental block I fear I have the kudos to him. But I doubt he wants to spend the time if there is pow.

ozgirl - 31 August 2011 05:24 AM

Mizu - you really really really want me to put on a board that much that you will babysit me learning to board??? You would be happy for me to slow you down that much?

Have you seen Mizu’s videos? You’ll likely be teaching him…

There ya go, TJ the pro snowboarder will help out!!!!!

Just watch where he puts his hands!!!!!