The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New Board

hey guys!!!

been thinking of updating my board after our season is over, i got a forum recon board 156 wide…. not 2 sure what 2 get ive been thinking either another forum, a stepchild or a lib tech… want another board with flex, mines got hardly any, but my problem is trying 2 find a board with my boot size of 12…

jus wanted 2 no what ppl think about the boards im thinking about or if they got any other suggestions, also what is better, camber or rocker

cheers!!!

also i seen reverse camber on a board the other day, what is that all about??

some discussion in my old thread: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/2757/

camber for carving, reverse for pow and tricks

fatima4u - 30 August 2011 11:11 AM

also i seen reverse camber on a board the other day, what is that all about??

“Reverse camber” is just another way of explainin “rocker”!!!!!

And get a longer board, dude!!!!!

Fatima, I got size 12 hoofs as well was on a 159 banana waist width 255 and that worked fine.  Swapped over to a TRice 157 and the more I ride it the more I love it.

As Mizu said, reverse camber and rocker is the exact same thing. Rocker is going to make the board playful, loose, and float well in powder. Camber gives the board stability, pop, and edge hold.

Having seen you ride, I know you love going into the park and learning new tricks. However you’re also going to be heading over to Canada, so you need something that’s going to work in powder. Straight away that suggests a board with full rocker or a hybrid (rocker and camber). But still, we want it to be versatile in a variety of conditions. There’s no reason you can’t find a board you want with a suitable waist width for your size 12 boots.

Let me know if it sounds like we’re on the right track and we can start talking specific boards. You know better than anyone how you want your board to ride, so correct me if you want something else. Also, how much do you weigh? About 80kg?

Rightio buddy..

My advice to you would be a combination of both camber and reverse camber. Many of the Mervin (LIb Tech/Gnu) boards have this and you just can’t beat it.
Floatation in powder, catch free jibbing and pop/punch from your turns equals the quiver of one.
At you wieght and boot size i would say the Travis 153 or 157 would be the perfect board. This will be a big step up from the Forum recon you are on so maybe the 157 W Jamie Lynn will be a little more forgiving..
These boards will take you from zero to hero! ollie

rider26 - 31 August 2011 12:55 AM

Also, how much do you weigh? About 80kg?

Don’t be soft on the tub of lard, rider!!!!!

We all know that he weighs in around the 130KG mark!!!!! His head has about 30 Kilos of that alone!!!!!

Hey Fatima
Just a few bits of information regarding the brands you are looking at.
I have size 13 feet, squeezed into 12 boots like you. I spent a whole day Demoing Stepchild Boards and while I like a few of them a lot. They just don’t have a board that will fit your feet man (believe me, I tried everything thing they had lol). The only thing that kinda fits is a big powder board, but thats no fun.

I’m not surprised you’re over your Forum, every forum cambered board I’ve ridden has been stiff as hell! So if your after more flex then just forget about forum unless your going to buy one of their rocker boards. (But keep in mind they haven’t been making rockers very long)

Libtech and Gnu are sweet.

And think about some other brands too. Whether people like it or not, Burton is the biggest brand for a reason (not always the best but they have to be pretty damn good)

If you do end up getting a rockered board then I recommend an Arbor. That’s what I’m on at the moment and love it. It’s really good for guys like us because the board widens around the bolt holes (it’s like their version of magnetraction). It works really well for stopping the rocker from being too washy and you can ride them with a size 12 boot but not have a super wide boat of a board.

Hope that helps a bit, looking forward to see what u end up with shaka

The Arbor rocker has been really well designed too. It works to make the board less washy for a rockered board. The grip tech is a great idea too, especially for the bigger foot rider.
Thanks for reminding me about Arbor Andy they had slipped my mind for a moment.
The Westmark I would say has to be my favourite in terms of it’s setup. Rocker, sintered base and so pretty.

I second stock standard recommendations. The T.Rice is sickkk.

I’ve got the Westmark grin
Everyone goes for the Draft cause it’s their soft, street board but it has bronze edges. I like the Westmark better, with steel edges, it’s good to have durability i reckon.
A little more pop too.

My hubby has the Draft and he loves it and says its the best board he’s ever had (over 15 years of riding!)

If you are still keen on Forum, I have their Scallywag with the full reverse camber and love it… much more than my Capita Green Machine which is Flat Kick.

Will be looking forward to trialing some boards at the shred though.