The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Ordering board from the USA?

Hey there, just wondering if anyone has ordered a board from the states, if so what site did you use? Cheers

Its hard to get a board from the USA using snowboard sites nowadays (brand restrictions). Ebay may be your best bet . . . but end of season sales are happening now in your local stores. worth a look imo
http://stmonline.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=61_7_125&products_id=11587
http://stmonline.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=61_7_125&products_id=11278
http://stmonline.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=61_7_125&products_id=9707

Hit up some local stores!

even if I listed them, my post would be taken down by the moderators, as BW has a policy of doing its best to support the local dealers in Australia.

Yeah, I try to shop locally when ever possible, but GOD DAMN stuff is expensive over here. I think we must get royally screwed by import taxes

yea.. i cant seem to find a park pickle in 147 anywehrre!!

yep, bought most of my stuff online. saved over 50% compared from shopping here. buuuut im not going to advertise the sites for ya. buy local*

*do as i say, not as i do wink

All stores are doing massive sales at the moment. Let me contact GNU and see if I can track one down for you. You want the 147 or 150? For now I’ll see if I can find either.

Chasing the 147, measured myself against a 150 and it’s just that little bit too big, went to capital17 in Melbourne cbd.

Just curious, what makes you think the 150 is too big for you? You weigh 60kg, yeah? I’m not trying to say the 147 is too small for you, but the 150 really isn’t too big for you either. I’d almost go as far as saying it’s the perfect size for you.

Check out the suggested weight ranges for the Park Pickle:

70 to 150 pounds = 32 to 68 kg

80 to 160 pounds = 36 to 72.5 kg

Hey Rider
I think the weight is okay for either board but isn’t a 150 board kinda tall for him (in australian snow at least)?
Pazza is 5 foot 3 which is only 160 cm
So a 150 would be about eye level for him, which is fine but a bit big for learning isn’t it?
I could be wrong.
My boards are always about neck height and I usually put beginners around the chin to nose height. I suppose it doesn’t make that much difference but I’m just curious on what your take of it is.
I don’t know if there is a different kinda rule for shorter guys. I ride a board that is fairly short on me cause I’m tall and don’t want a huge boat of a board.
Does it work the other way for shorter guys?

Haha I always had in my head he was 5’8. That’s how I read it the first time. Just went over the other thread and 5’3 it is. You make a valid point.

Still, he does weigh 60kg and it’s a reasonably soft board with rocker between the feet. That thing is going to perform like a smaller board due to the rocker anyway. I think a 147 with rocker isn’t going to be stable enough for a 60kg rider, unless it’s mainly just playing around. Try bomb a hill on it or put in a decent carve; it’s going to be super loose and washy. As a jib board, yes. As a do-it-all board, I have serious doubts.

As I said before, it’s not that the 147 is necessarily too small but I think the 150 will be a better all-round size. He clearly fits in the weight category for both boards so either isn’t going to be a problem. It really depends how pazza wants the board to perform.

Unless someone is unusually short or tall for their height, I always use weight as the determining factor in board length. I think too often people use height as the determining factor. It’s all about how much force you’re exerting on the board. I would still go for the 150.

EDIT: pazza, I have the GNU rep trying to track down a 147 for you.

Makes sense, I’ll keep that in mind for sure. I hadn’t really thought much about it’s importance before.
I guess when it comes to matching weight to board sizes a demo would be best since it depends on the persons weight and also their ability to flex the board and riding style. But since that isn’t an option here, being right in the middle of the weight scale would be the best option.

Firstly..

Im stoked by the support on this forum, been on a few forums in my days for different interests and i must say you guys def go out of your way to help one another, so hats off to everyone!

SO yea rider, im 5 ft 3, i actually went into capital 17 n stood next to the 150cm which is why i think it is too big for me. Speaking with the guys there and they said given aus snow conditions as well the 147 would be the better choice of the 2 for me. - I would assume they would know what was best, and given they had a 150 in stock and no 147 i take it they werent trying to get the sale but offering me the best advice.

Thanks heaps for getting in touch with the GNU rep rider26, appreciate it.

No worries, pazza.

That’s quite noble of the guys at Capital17. Did they by any chance ask you how much you weigh?

I understand your concerns and feel free to buy the 147 as it’s not too small. But let me be clear: the 150 is definitely not too big for you, regardless of whether it comes up past your nose. Either board will serve you well in different ways, so whatever you decide just make sure you have fun! smile

I’ll let you know what the GNU rep says. Hopefully he can track down a 147 for you (GNU have none left in stock). He’s checking with all the stores.

Yea sweet, totally understand. = )

I just felt more comfortable on the smaller board out of the 2 hire boards i rode, so i think if i stick with the 147 i will be more than happy and at the end of the day this is what im looking for!

; )