The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Grasshopper

My head hurts ready todays post BUT - I am taking comfort in the following…

Well the Grasshopper hates to be wrong, but he is going out on a limb to throw up the following for September:
1.  We will get a strong, active cold front move through in the first half of September, bringing more than 20mm of rain, followed by 10 to 20cm of snow, possibly more. Confidence about 75 per cent.
2.  We’ll have more snow at Spencers Creek on September 15 than we do on September 1. Confidence about 60 per cent.
3.  The major resorts will still be going strong come closing weekend on October 3, with Spencers Creek snow depth still over 80cm. Confidence 90 per cent.

Read more: http://www.mountainwatch.com/Features/9438449/Australia-SNOW-Predictions—-September#ixzz1W1KBvelU

But I was just starting really enjoy the warmer weather cool smile

The warm weather has been amazing, but devastating on the snow :-(

The blossoms are so pretty around Canberra, even K Rudd was spotted yesterday enjoying the sunshine :-D

blizzard_22 - 25 August 2011 09:23 AM

even K Rudd was spotted yesterday enjoying the sunshine :-D

Did ya throw somethin at him????

NO!!! I like K Rudd, be nice Miz!!!

Ya could’ve said SORRY straight after ya did it!!!!!  smirk

K-Rudd was the man!

K Rudd was a little kid that had his ball taken off him, cause he didn’t know how to play the game, that was managed by a bunch of criminals and stand over men!!!!! The Australian Labor Party!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 25 August 2011 09:40 AM

LOL

Mizu Kuma - 25 August 2011 09:40 AM

GOLD!

LOL LOL LOL

Woooo hoooo - yesterday forecast from The Grasshopper.

Snow Likelihood rating: hmmm…possible but don’t pull out the powder planks just yet
After a sunny August with hardly any snow the Grasshopper has his eye on a potentially significant rain/snow event in the middle of next week.
We’re talking eight or nine days out here, so of course this is only a ‘might be’ scenario, but there’s the possibility of a snow-bearing cold front passing over the Australian Alps mid-to-late next week.

Read more: http://www.mountainwatch.com/Features/9439172/SNOW-ALERT—-Aussie-Alps-May-Receive-a-Spring-Snowfall#ixzz1WZuDSVk1

And Frog is saying that a system 12 -15 Sept (just in time for the shred!!) has the potential to be even bigger! Woot Woot!

Great news! Hopefully not much rain in the system. smile

Fingers crossed, would be nice if the season finished off with a bang!

blizzard_22 - 31 August 2011 06:02 AM

Fingers crossed, would be nice if the season finished off with a bang!

But you reckon that ya not boardin with us at the Shred????  hmmm

Yeah I still don’t know what’s happening with football, we have the 10am game but then it is up to the better half if he lets me go!

blizzard_22 - 31 August 2011 08:34 AM

Yeah I still don’t know what’s happening with football, we have the 10am game but then it is up to the better half if he lets me go!

Ya may as well put the foot down now!!!!!

He’s gonna feel the full force of it after the wedding anyway!!!!!  smirk