The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thanks for the awesome weekend in Thredbo Spaz!!!

What an epic and fun long weekend in Thredbo! Big thanks to Spaz for having Craig and I over shaka

Spaz has already posted reports on our various shenanigans so I wont go into any detail. If you haven’t checked it out though… https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/3034/P0/

I think the intent was pretty obvious when we rocked up to Spaz’s with two cases of beer, 1L rum, bottle of schnapps, and a bottle of cognac, plus all the drinks we had while out at the pub/s tongue rolleye

There was some snowboarding too. Although most of it while being massively hung over LOL

We had a mixed bag of conditions over the 4 days riding: snow, rain, ice, and beautiful sunny weather with nice pre-spring snow.

It was great to finally get back on a snowboard for the first time of the season and get into the groove a bit. Although my boots which I’ve worn heaps already gave me some severe pain on my ankle bone which was annoying.

Craig went riding for the first time in 6 years. He made real quick progress and was riding all over the mountain with confidence. He was so stoked when he learnt how to strap in while standing LOL Craig had so much fun he is signing up to BW and will make an appearance at the shred for a couple days.

Was cool getting to ride with Spaz shred

He showed us some new runs. My favourite probably being able to get a line from Merrits over to the Supertrail without having to unstrap (going up and over the gunbarrel chair). Spaz also had his cameras going and gave me one for the last day. Hopefully we can see another one of Spaz’s cool edits (if there is some decent footage tongue rolleye ). I’ll try see if I can learn to edit footage too…

Here’s just a few photos of the good times in Thredbo…

Good stuff Dan!!!!!

And will be great to see Craig around the place, and definitley great to meet him at the Shred!!!!! Yeeewwww!!!!!  cool grin

jealous..

p.s. where’s the helmet dan raspberry

I didn’t see Dans helmet - to be honest that day was way to hot for a helmet or beanie!!!
Today I wore a cap and was hot and today was cooler.

No worries guys it was a pleasure (if not at times a painful pleasure) to have you here.
BTW epic job tidying the unit, I think it was cleaner than when you arrived!

I can only imagine the craziness you guys got up to. Sounds like you had an awesome few days. Looking forward to meeting Craig at the Shred (and on BW).

spaz, what’s the cover looking like now? Have we lost a lot of cover in the last week?

Dan, you should come and stay at our place for a night. It needs a good clean!  LOL

Yeah, and drop by my place along the way too!!!!!

My beer fridge is empty!!!!!

I must say.. Dan did a rather outstanding job keeping the whistler place tidy throughout the season raspberry

So you were the messy one?  cool hmm

I wouldn’t say messy.. just not quite as organised as Dan.. raspberry

And honestly who ever feels like cleaning after working for 10+ hours