The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

Welcome to the forum MoonUnit! Enjoy the great community! I know I am smile

MoonUnit - 18 August 2011 02:10 AM
ozgirl - 18 August 2011 01:46 AM

Welcome Moonunit!

Awesome list - love it!

Where will you be buying into a lodge? I as of this year became a Perisher girl (i am still a bit shocked by that) but i am also on benefits which are hard to pass up! Although will be at the shred at Thredbo.

Hi ozgirl, an opportunity should present itself for me to buy a share in a lodge in East Jindy. I’ve stayed there a few times and it’s great. I’m mainly a Thredbo rider, but intend to spend more time at Perisher next year. Now that I can traverse (sadly neglected this skill) I aim to move around the mountain more in the future.
Regards

MU

Siesta Villa or Snowy Valley Resort?

Hi , I have been hitting this site for a couple of months and I like the activity its produces. Like this board design contest and the forums it runs . Just like to say thanks

Welcome to Boardworld MoonUnit BKM and John! Glad that you are all enjoying yourselves and getting involved with the community!
shaka

And welcome pazza too! Sorry I missed u! cool smile

Welcome John with the longer user name tha K2’s!!!!
cool grin

Welcome to Boardworld, johntillerstudent!  cool smile

Would you like me to shorten that screen name for you?

Just careful about which bits that ya delete!!!!

Ya know that ya not an expert in this field!!!!  cool mad

I knew what your comment was before I even read it.  cool hmm

Hey Rider, can you capitalize my TJ?

TJ_Stalker????  cool hmm

tjswish - 22 August 2011 12:52 AM

Hey Rider, can you capitalize my TJ?

Sure. Let me know if you want me to change it.

Hi all, here is some info about me and the reason why I snowboard. I board for the enjoyment and the adrenalin rush achieved by combining pure nature and pure energy. I am 50 years old and started snowboarding 5 years ago. Before that I surfed regularly. I hated the cold and skiing due to class of people skiing portrait before Snowboarding. When snowboarding culture hit in the early 80 I had settle down on the beach and started raising a family. By then I got all my kick from surfing. But the late 90,s saw the emergence of the Malibu, and for a old, no so fit short board rider, waves became harder to get. My daughter notice that my surfing had stop and I was drinking a lot more. Kate and her friends was heading up the snow for the week end and ask me to be their Desi driver. I decide to have a go at snowboarding that week end. Now my MasterCard is always booked up with snowboarding gear and travel. I been to NZ heli boarding and go to Hakuba Valley Japan every March. To me snowboarding has given me another life. All I do is think about next time I get to strap that back foot in and carve.

Welcome Johno, from one of the resident skiers!

Interesting story to tell above and glad that you found snowboarding in the end. I hear you about that mastercard debt!

johnoT - 22 August 2011 10:35 AM

Hi all, here is some info about me and the reason why I snowboard. I board for the enjoyment and the adrenalin rush achieved by combining pure nature and pure energy. I am 50 years old and started snowboarding 5 years ago. Before that I surfed regularly. I hated the cold and skiing due to class of people skiing portrait before Snowboarding. When snowboarding culture hit in the early 80 I had settle down on the beach and started raising a family. By then I got all my kick from surfing. But the late 90,s saw the emergence of the Malibu, and for a old, no so fit short board rider, waves became harder to get. My daughter notice that my surfing had stop and I was drinking a lot more. Kate and her friends was heading up the snow for the week end and ask me to be their Desi driver. I decide to have a go at snowboarding that week end. Now my MasterCard is always booked up with snowboarding gear and travel. I been to NZ heli boarding and go to Hakuba Valley Japan every March. To me snowboarding has given me another life. All I do is think about next time I get to strap that back foot in and carve.

I took my dad snowboarding and we went drinking after about an hour of it lol.