The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Burton Warranty

Ok so a lot of ppl are very quick to voice their complaints about companies when it comes to issues with their products etc.  This last weekend at Perisher I had an issue with my Burton Vent Pants.  I bought these last pants last year the day before I went to NZ on 31 August.

Up until the weekend they had been a great pair of pants, comfy, lots of room and very functional as far as waterproof and breathability goes.  Anyway I happened to look down at my pants halfway through the day and they have developed a big tear along the seam next to my top front left pocket.  I was pretty peed off about it but as the whole weekend was bluebird it coulda been worse.

Get up on Monday and unbelievably am able to find the receipt so I take em down to Balmoral Boards where I bought em and they take em, give me a receipt for em and tell me they will be in touch.

Get a call yesterday direct from Burton asking what colour would I like my new pair to be.  The pair that ripped were 2009 on special, now I’m getting a 2011 in a similar colour for naught, thats the kind of warranty I like!  Sometimes it’s nice to have the warranty around!

Another reason to buy from ya local shop!!!!!

Nice to hear that Balmoral has got Moral in it!!!!!  smirk

And Kudos to Burton Australia for gettin it sorted!!!!! Like!!!!!

Burton are great with warranties. Buy from an Australian store and they will always look after you. When you buy from overseas online stores, this is the sort of stuff you miss out on. Stoked they were able to sort you out, mate.

Oh yeah, paste this in the “Product Feedback” sticky in this section, nthn!!!!!

Great result there, and pretty quick turnaround aswell.

rider26 - 19 August 2011 08:09 AM

Burton are great with warranties. Buy from an Australian store and they will always look after you. When you buy from overseas online stores, this is the sort of stuff you miss out on. Stoked they were able to sort you out, mate.

thats true…but when you get them for less than half price in the first place buying a 2nd pair later on still brings you out on top…

luckily i have never had to use the warranty on any of my gear bought here or overseas.

My mate had some 3 year old flow bindings and one of the ladder straps broke. i told him to ring them and just tell them ” i got some bindings i bought a couple of years ago no receipts or anything, one of my ladder straps broke. how much for another?”

a week later in the mail was 4 straps and some stickers that cost him $0.00

Deano, I’m a pretty big believer in the lack of rape buy overseas bandwagon, happily this was one of the few times I have bought here and lucked out with warranty so I thought I would port about it.

i guess its one of the big things they would work on to keep ppl buying locally by providing an awesome warranty service.