The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Ski hire online?

deanobruce - 17 August 2011 04:55 AM

did you know spam is a delicacy in dapto

Do you consume it before or after you Leggo my Eggo?

hey kudos to him for at least it being on topic… better than herpes threads…...

Sorry, I don’t want to start a discussion :(
I’m new to boarding, therefore I don’t have to say so much.. but hopefully I can write more in winter smile

Don’t worry bout us tiger-eagle!!!!!

We are a crazy bunch of freaks here on Boardworld!!!!!

You will get some positive and useful feedback here, once ya sift through the useless Jibber Jabber!!!!! (None of it bein mine though!!!!!)

Oh yeah,

Go and intro yaself in the social pages!!!!! Join in the fun and have a good time!!!!!  shaka

tiger-eagle - 17 August 2011 08:47 AM

Sorry, I don’t want to start a discussion :(
I’m new to boarding, therefore I don’t have to say so much.. but hopefully I can write more in winter smile

All good, tiger-eagle. We are here to help.  cool smile

Mizu Kuma - 17 August 2011 09:01 AM

You will get some positive and useful feedback here, once ya sift through the useless Jibber Jabber!!!!! (None of it bein mine though!!!!!)

What about the Jibber-Jabber Thread you started before the Incident????  hmmm 
Welcome Tiger-Eagle! Watch out for the Bear . . .  cool grin

snowdragon - 17 August 2011 09:15 AM

Ummmm…......... we don’t speak of this thread anymore!!!!!  downer

Mizu Kuma - 17 August 2011 10:33 AM
snowdragon - 17 August 2011 09:15 AM

Ummmm…......... we don’t speak of this thread anymore!!!!!  downer

Consider it unspokened

What were we talkin about????

Mizu Kuma - 18 August 2011 12:07 AM

What were we talkin about????

I Dunno

At the risk of sounding too geeky, I recently spent an afternoon developing an MS Excel worksheet which contains hire price info for about 20 NSW and ACT hire places. I created a bunch of macros for different hire permutations (4x4 family snowboarding) or family of four skiing) and I have to say that Jindysnow’s prices were consistently the cheapest. I hired my wife and kids skis there, and they offer a 20% discount for online hire.

All the online hire does is make it easier for the retailer to manage their stock. They will still have to weigh and possibly measure each customer to ensure equipment is the correct size for legal/insurance reasons. If they fit you out in incorrect gear and you have an accident you could claim contributory negligence on their part and they would probably be liable.

Anyways my experience with online booking for equipment has been a very positive one. Also you know the gear is going to be there when you arrive. Don’t forget ski-hire is a cut-throat business and if you stick with a smaller retail outlet they will look after you cos they want you to come back and bring your friends next time.

Sammy and co looked after us and they swapped my wife’s ski boots no questions asked when she had a problem.

MoonUnit

That spreadsheet idea is brilliant! I think you need to share it on google docs or something so we can all see it!

I personally have booked online around the world and think it is great too.

I usually do it so I can see what demo gear they have in stock and lock it in.

I’m planning on developing a new workbook with more outlets and bigger range of hire-gear. I didn’t include outer wear and only included basic snowboard options. My next version will more comprehensive and I have to link it (HTML) to store online price lists cos it’s a pain to update. Having said that most outlets I’ve looked at have not changed their prices from 2010. I’ll let people know when I’ve finished the next version, but would only make it available if people PM me. I wouldn’t want to subvert the relaxed nature of this site and possibly open myself to criticism about who had included and who I didn’t etc. You know what I mean.
Regards

MoonUnit

Very good point!