The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

Welcome to the site BKM, good to have you onboard smile

Welcome to BoardWorld BKM!!!

Welcome a Board BKM!!!!!  rocker

Welcome to Boardworld, BKM.  shaka

Welcome BKM cool smile

G’day All!!

New to the forums, so i thought id drop in and say h! My names Kevin, im 25 and I’m from Melb. I got my first taste of boarding last week in Buller, spent the week up there. I surf throughout summer and thought this was the ultimate feeling… how wrong I was! The experience was amazing. So… now im hooked… and in the market for gear.

Hardly any of my mates snowboard, so if anyone is in the northern suburbs of melb, drop me a line, or if anyone ever wants to hit the slopes, let me know.

Peace out fellow boards!

Welcome! smile

Welcome too the greatest place on the web pazza!!!!!  cool grin

Hi people, I’m new to the site and very happy to find a good source of information and also people to hook up with for trips etc.

I live and work in Canberra so mountains are only 2:30 hours away. I’m also probably buying in to a lodge next year so I’m hoping to get more days on the snow. I have a wife and two kids (7 and 5) who can all ski to varying degrees. I’m looking to spend more time with them on the slopes next year cos they’ve spent most of their time in Thredboland. This of course is a good and bad thing. I think we’ll still put them in for 3 days a week, so they can learn whilst having fun and free us up for more mountain exploring.

Looking to invest in a new board for next season and have some solid goals in mind. Namely to get my APSI level 1 and take a month off work every year in July to instruct and ride my a*s off. The snow sport school season-pass will make everything a lot more affordable and if things go well over the next few years I might use my EU passport and try some instructing in UK/Europe.

Great to be here and intend to contribute as much as I can. Unfortunately I seem to have contracted really bad bronchitis this week, and I have a Tae Kwon Do grading next week, so I’m fast running out of time to get back down to the Snow.

I think I’ll have to spend some time here to try to overcome missing riding.

MoonUnit shred

Welcome a board MoonUnit!!!!!

That is a hefty list of objectives in any mans terms!!!!!

Good luck with the grading (If ya know anyone that has a heated salt water pool, that will alleviate the bronch too!!!!)

If ya find time around 11th - 18th of sept, the Boardworld Crew are havin our first Shred get together at Thredbo!!!!!

So drop on by and meet us all in the flesh!!!!! (Well, hopefully not just in the flesh!!!!)

Hi Mizu, I’m definitely interested in a trip that weekend. I’ll keep my eyes open for the posts. In fact you can already put me down for that one. I’m loving this place already!!

MoonUnit

MoonUnit - 18 August 2011 01:06 AM

Hi Mizu, I’m definitely interested in a trip that weekend. I’ll keep my eyes open for the posts. In fact you can already put me down for that one. I’m loving this place already!!

MoonUnit

Sweet!!!!!

You can find pretty much all the info ya need here > https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/2643/

Feel free to shoot out a PM, to either spaz, rider26 or myself if ya need any clarification!!!!!

spaz has been handlin the majority of the workload, as well as runnin his business at the same time!!!!!

Welcome Moonunit!

Awesome list - love it!

Where will you be buying into a lodge? I as of this year became a Perisher girl (i am still a bit shocked by that) but i am also on benefits which are hard to pass up! Although will be at the shred at Thredbo.

Hi moonunit! **waves**

Love the list! Hope you achieve what you set out to do! smile

ozgirl - 18 August 2011 01:46 AM

Welcome Moonunit!

Awesome list - love it!

Where will you be buying into a lodge? I as of this year became a Perisher girl (i am still a bit shocked by that) but i am also on benefits which are hard to pass up! Although will be at the shred at Thredbo.

Hi ozgirl, an opportunity should present itself for me to buy a share in a lodge in East Jindy. I’ve stayed there a few times and it’s great. I’m mainly a Thredbo rider, but intend to spend more time at Perisher next year. Now that I can traverse (sadly neglected this skill) I aim to move around the mountain more in the future.
Regards

MU