The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan 2011 / 2012

Loved the Automatic Toilets!!!!! The floor jobs were a bit of a worry when ya had been on the piss!!!!!  confused

Can get one over here!!!! About $1200, and as soon as I come into some moola, I’m gettin one!!!!!

I just thought I would check cause i could fly one way with another airline and it seems qantas is the cheapest (without going via another asian destination!)

Although interested to see what will happen after todays announcement.

flew JAL for this years trip
we waited until the November sales

was 1200 included transfer to Sapporo at the time sale was announced, however it took too long to confirmed numbers so by the time we booked it was 1450
still pretty good considering

Tokyo was just counted as a stop over even though i spent 2 days in tokyo each way

you can find really cheap Tokyo NRT to Sapporo (CTS) via local airlines but they don’t get released until 2 months before actual date
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5306.html reference site i used

Ah interesting that they are released til 2 mths before… am not sure I could fly buy the seat of my pants. Would be too scared that I couldn’t get a cheap fare and have to bail on the trip! I can’t be flexible on dates as their is a massive group/event going on.

understandable with the big group thing

have you booked NRT to CTS yet?
when i was searching last year i could only find JAL offered flights outside this 2 month window

oh the other thing that swung me with JAL was the flights times it offered
found them to be the most favourable for transfers
might be different for you situation with big group and all though

Nah haven’t booked my internal flights yet - interesting you are saying you struggled to book inside the two month window. i.e I should get onto it now?

BTW this isn’t an exclusive trip - if anyone is keen to come along PM me and I will send you the details.

I would compare it to the shred… but on a much grander scale. i.e you can stay for as long or as short as you wont (over the key dates) and you can be given someone to bunk with etc etc. Alcohol consumption will equal that of the shred each night…

no i struggled to book outside the window period
we didnt get into the window period to struggle LOL

by all means look around now…doesn’t hurt
be sure to make it into ichinose airport before the last bus leaves the airport for Niseko! otherwise you will have to get a private bus (expensive) or stay overnight at the airport

if your stuck out at the airport with a few hours to spare and nothing to do.
RERA is local factory outlet store. shuttle bus is free
http://www15.j-server.com/LUCSOGOSHO/ns/tl.cgi/http://www.outlet-rera.com/access/s_bus.html?SLANG=ja&TLANG=en&XMODE=0&XCHARSET=UTF-8#detail

leave yourself enough time to get back if your doing it after you have checked in for the flight out surprised

Ozgirl, where are you staying? Which resort? I know you said Niseko but got any more specifics?

Oz, I may be going with my cousin around those dates for about a week. I’ll let you know soon.

I will be working In Hakuba at the Aqua Alpine Hotel this season. It is at the bottom of Gorya / 47 which has the best snow fall and park on the main island. Its 4 hour from Narita Airport By private bus or 5 hours by Public Transport. The Qantas flight arrives 7.00am so your on the slope by the latest 1.00pm. The Hotel is real 5 minute walk from the gondola. Its got a Micky D and a Subway at the gondola if your not into the local feed.  I will be finishing up mid March in Japan. Than I am going to Haines Alaska Heliboarding and sledding for a month or until the money earned in Japan runs out

So ya haven’t got anythin much comin up then Johno!!!!!

I can,t go boarding until it start snowing in Japan. So I am lay up again until the doc give my the OK to hit the Slopes. I had heart surgery in July. So I am doing this rehab plan which dose not include boarding. After 6 week I can start doing mild cardio, after 9 weeks there is no snow, so there no go.

That don’t sound too good there, Johno!!!!

Looks like I will have to come over and fill that spot until ya can recover properly!!!!! Ya better make it 9 for the cardio and then 15 till ya board again!!!!!

Liquid Snow Tours on facebook:

“Massively discounted ski packages to Japan ex NZ and AUS sold directly through Jetstar on sale next week only, Sale is not released yet, you guys get the inside info, this will be the best deal to Japan ever run”