The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

seasonaires?

Just wondered how many people on these forums are living or working at a resort this season.

I wish downer

Yeah i’m the same as Azz I WISH…..  blank stare

I’ll be in Whistler again for the 2011/12 season.

I’m not really planning for any more seasons. And if I did, it would totally be somewhere in Canada or maybe Mammoth mountain near LA smile

I could but I am just not interested anymore.

I am such a city chick through and through. But I love the fact that I can escape to mountains anytime I want. Would love to be able to take more leave in winter. As much as I loved my seasons that I did do I also hated it just as much.

I liked Heavenly/South Lake Tahoe as it is not really that small of a town that I coped well enough.

But I escaped every chance I got. Whenever there was a space in a car I would go. Most preferred to ride on their days off.

The worst for me was living in Jindy and working at Thredbo - the thought of going up the mountain on my day off sometimes filled me with dread (especially if it wasn’t a powered day - which was never!)

But at the same time I have scrimped and saved to ski here and OS every year. I have friends who claim the LOVE skiing… but it has been 5 years since they have been etc etc.

Hey Oz, have you done any overseas seasons? Did you do a season in Tahoe? That would have been sick!

Yeah I worked at Heavenly the season Sonny Bono died (97/98).

Then I went up to Banff for the summer. I ran out of money and had to come home in Nov :-(

Then I went and worked at for Thredbo for almost a year.

Then got a “real” job before giving it all up to do one more season at Winter Park in Co. Then went to London for a couple of years. And here I am grin

Same as Jeremy, will be back in Whistler for the next winter season - couldn’t do a season locally I don’t think after having done 2 overseas now.

Nice one, Oz. smile

See you over there, finney!  rocker

I did a season in Jindy - working in Jindy so every chance I got, I was up the mountain.

But after doing 1 season here, I wouldn’t do another I don’t think.

But if I got stuck with no job coming up to a ski season, I would jump on a plane if I could work in Canada smile

Including this season - Thredbo.

solid work spaz, I look forward to seeing some nice lines from you in the latest contest!

rider26 - 15 August 2011 12:32 AM

I’ll be in Whistler again for the 2011/12 season.

Yeah, but the only thing that you’ll be workin on is the Surf Section!!!!!!

Ohh, and messin with my account somewhat!!!!!  hmmm

If the Steelworks closes, then I reckon I could handle livin in the hills!!!!! If they would take me that is!!!!!!  downer

ahaha, nah dude, just doing another season in Sydney