The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Trip 2012 CANADA….

Me, Fast Eddie, Fatima4u are going back to Canada…...

Were doing a week in Whislter and two weeks in Banff, can’t wait it’s going to be that good!
And can’t wait to meet up and ride with more boardworld members!

Has anyone ever stayed at the Aava Whistler hotel? This is where we are staying while in Whislter.

Haven’t been in there but looking at the location it’s pretty much perfect, just off the main village stroll so will be a few mins walk to everywhere you want to be.

Nice Warren! When are you going? Are you booking everything yourself or doing package deals?

Nar Dan i spoke to the people at flight center….. Were looking at $4485.00 each

Thats for flights,accomodation,lift tickets,transfers…  Were going for three weeks

Hey that’s a pretty good deal. For three weeks and everything inc, not bad. When were you heading over? How many days lift tickets are you getting? Did you just tell them where you wanted to go and they sorted it for you?

Sounds wicked. I would like to do something similar if I can get money / time off work.

Yeah i just rang up today and told them what i wanted and they did it all,  2Feb till the 23Feb were looking at.
There pretty good hands down to em.

Planing to board evryday im there

I’ve stayed at Aava before. It’s definitely a nice hotel, there is a hot tub too.

Sweet dude, that’s awesome.

Yeah looks pretty good skip, i cant wait cheese and cheers dan and finney for the help, feedback cool smile

Should have gone through Ski Max and saved 5%? 5% of $4485 = $225 savings each!

Warren Chapstick - 15 August 2011 01:30 PM

I’m down for that… If I’m not working I’m happy to help out showing you guys round Whistler and maybe even Blackcomb if you can convince me to go to the darkside haha

Haha why’s that finney? Blackcomb is awesomeeeee

finney - 16 August 2011 03:03 AM

I’m down for that… If I’m not working I’m happy to help out showing you guys round Whistler and maybe even Blackcomb if you can convince me to go to the darkside haha

Yeah cheers finney sounds good mate cool smile

finney - 16 August 2011 03:03 AM

hahaha Blackcomb’s where it’s at wink

Just personal preference.. I’ve worked on Whistler for 2 seasons so I’m biased. Don’t get me wrong, both are good mountains but if it’s a pow day you’ve got a 99% chance of finding me on Whistler as I know where to go to find fresh from first chair through until the afternoon.

Yeah both are good mountains. The thing I don’t like about whistler is that usually after you hit the pow no matter where it is (peak, harmony, symphony) the way back to the lifts at mid mountain are long cat tracks. Whereas in Blackcomb I found there are less cat tracks, and the lifts are more spread out. But both are awesome!