The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Buy/Sell Section anywhere?

Hey Guys/Girls.

I just stumbled up on this forum tonight and think its great! Have been using US forums up till now to ask for advice, buy/sell/trade and find out info of upcoming equipment.

I cant seem to find a buy/sell section here though? I have some boards id like to post up, currently got them on Gumtree and eBay but gumtree is so restricting (can sell state-wide only) and eBay costs too much moola!

Anyway somebody let me know if there is a section for this type of thing smile

Cheers

Hey crosek,

Welcome to Boardworld. Stoked you found us!  cool smile

We’ve debated this issue before but unfortunately we do not allow selling on the forums. It’s mainly because we are very involved in the Australian Boardsports industry, including retail. We want to support the brands and retail stores in Australia. If we allow selling on the forums we would be hurting their cause. Also we figure there’s a lot of other sites for selling, so we just stick to what we do best. I hope you understand.

Here’s a link to our current policy: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/152/

I see your point but i dont see how 2nd hand equipment affects retail if the people after used goods would buy them elsewhere anyway

It opens a can of worms if we allow it. We would have to constantly keep an eye on it to make sure brand new items aren’t listed etc. It’s not something our sponsors would be happy about either. I know it’s a fine line, and it probably can be done, it’s just something we don’t want to get involved with at this point in time. Trust me, I see both sides of the argument. I will let you know if anything changes.

i can imagine the headache of trying to moderate it.

as pointed out
there are other avenues out there for that kind of stuff already
so no need to complicate things here

although i do admit i first looked on here for stuff to buy LOL

We actually get enquiries all the time from people thinking we sell gear. I always pass the enquiry on to the rep/manager of the brand in question.