The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

bindings advice

rider26 - 08 August 2011 03:41 AM

TJ, all Burton bindings come with a four hole baseplate so you can secure the bindings with four screws on any non-Burton board.

There will be four demo sets of Flux binding at The Shred.

Ahh thats cool then, They were only doing 3 holes one year… prolly 2009 when I was looking for bindings sick

Will be keen to shred in some Fluxes to see if they will convert me smile

Burton made 4x4 discs in 2009 too

Burton always seems to make stuff specifically to suit their own gear only

if they could they would find a way to match boots to their bindings only and call it the best thing invented since sliced bread

yeah, it’s annoying sometimes but it’s not like they are the only company in the world to have used that sales strategy

yeah

just another reason to hate on burton LOL

All depends on how much mooola you are willing to spend!

If you want a good burton binding on the cheap(ish) get a 2011 Burton Mission, its basically a 2010 Burton Cartel and is definitely value for money.

A good flux binding (they all are from my experience) get yourself a 2010-2011 Flux RK30 or 2010-2011 Flux TT30, the 2010 models are pretty much the same as the 11’ so save yourself a few bucks.

Union Forces, Union Contacts! Cant go wrong with either, i have a love/hate relationship with Union, watch out for the toe straps, they fit reallly poorly on some boots! (and the freakin toe ratchet is the worst one i have ever used, keeps sticking ON 3 DIFFERENT PAIRS!!) so unless you tried these in a store or somewhere else beforehand id say wait for the 2012 models or go with another brand!

As far as value for money goes, they would be the bindings to pick! Rome 390s/Arsenals are meant to be dope but never tried them yet so cant comment.

Anything further up in either of those companies ranges your just paying for extra features, less weight etc…