The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What do you do for a crust??

Mizu Kuma - 20 July 2011 04:06 AM

Was a bank house!!!! Dad was a Bank Manager!!!!

That’s why we ended up in the Illawarra!!!! Transfer!!!!

!!!!

snowdragon - 20 July 2011 04:39 AM

!!!!

????

Mizu Kuma - 20 July 2011 05:01 AM

!!!!

????

Just Exclamating tongue laugh

snowdragon - 20 July 2011 05:09 AM

!!!!

????

Was it as good for you, as it is for me????

Mizu Kuma - 20 July 2011 05:15 AM
snowdragon - 20 July 2011 05:09 AM

!!!!

????

Was it as good for you, as it is for me????

Oh Yea!!!!

Really cords! I grew up in Chisholm. I am guessing Erindale would have been the local shops for you? Well it hasn’t changed a bit LOL

Ah i see, yeh its a big difference but in the last few years i started surfing less and less so its not that big of a deal to me…yet.

and yeh the snow trip from the gong are awesome. i actually preferred to do day trips then stay there.

nthnbeachesguy - 19 July 2011 08:44 AM
deanobruce - 19 July 2011 05:05 AM

quite the opposite, i love it. So much to do every single day or night.

Wollongong was way too small for me. its a place i will go to retire if at all.

The only good thing about the gong to me at this age is the beaches and chickos.

The clubs are the most pathetic things in the world, i know 3/4 of the population that are 16-35 years old, no good shops and to do what im doing now i would have to go to sydney and i hate that place more than any other place tbh.

so to answer your question, no. haha

I spent 2.5 years in Elwood and the last few months I couldn’t wait to get back to the northern beaches of Sydney.  I’m still not sure why I thought going from a 2 min walk to the beach to a 90 min drive was ever going to be a good thing!  Having spent some time in the gong years ago I see what you"re saying though.  One thing I liked down there was the snow day trip though, not really a possibility from Sydney.

Oh and I wouldn’t be living anywhere else in Sydney either or I might as well have stayed in Melbs.

Back a few pages I fibbed about what I did for a living. downer Since then I have been unable to sleep, knowing you all think I am someone I am not, so here is what I do all day.

I turn chairs that look like this

into this

and boats that look like this

into this

I feel much better now, I shall go and have a sleep smile

Azz - 11 August 2011 02:07 AM

I feel much better now, I shall go and have a sleep smile

That’s all good mate, you rest your weary head!!!!

I’ll wake you up in a couple of days!!!!  evil

Hey Mizu, little birdy tells me you’re going to Hotham?

Billy - 11 August 2011 07:39 AM

Hey Mizu, little birdy tells me you’re going to Hotham?

Nay, not really!!!! Will just be passin thru on the way to the coast, and a fly by visit to Azz along the way!!!!

Was planned to slide Hot Ham with Azz n Tambo today, but the wind/rain stopped the Chopper!!!!”
downer

I live in Tuggers too Snowdragon and Blizzard. I count things for living in one of the wonderful Government Departments we have in Canberra.

WooHoo I just popped my first green-square cherry.

MU

What suburb, moonunit?

yep blizz, Erindale was the local shops (my bro and sis worked at woolies there for years (it was supa barn and cannons before woolies!), learnt swimming at the indoor pool there, first job was at Tuggeranong Tennis Centre at Fadden Pines coaching tennis and went to Trinity Christian School then St.Peter’s/Mackillop College in Isabella Plains…

and the best thing about canberra? Kingsleys Chips and gravy! And goodberry’s! hahahhaha haven’t stopped in for any this year yet but will definitely do so!

cords - 19 August 2011 04:43 AM

What suburb, moonunit?

yep blizz, Erindale was the local shops (my bro and sis worked at woolies there for years (it was supa barn and cannons before woolies!), learnt swimming at the indoor pool there, first job was at Tuggeranong Tennis Centre at Fadden Pines coaching tennis and went to Trinity Christian School then St.Peter’s/Mackillop College in Isabella Plains…

and the best thing about canberra? Kingsleys Chips and gravy! And goodberry’s! hahahhaha haven’t stopped in for any this year yet but will definitely do so!

Nice to meet another Canberran. I live in beautiful Bonython.

MU