The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Selwyn Pirate Day 2011- Update# photos

Hey Guys…following on from our day down there last year .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g64c1EFcxQk , we are heading down again next weekend, there is 15 to 20 people ( Cords, dork, Sars and me from boardworld) heading down from Sydney and Wollongong of all different ages/skill levels etc etc
so if you feel like coming down and hanging out on the slopes and in the park and looking like dills but having a good time, than feel free to come down and hang out. we are riding both days and having the pirate theme the sunday.
there may be some spare seats and some spare beds in one of the houses to.
the facebook page is here http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=245078552186494 if you want to get involved.

cheers

Crackers

POST PIRATE DAY UPDATE

heres a few pics I stole from my gfs camera

the crew out of one of the three ships

Prime time Pirates starring meself

heading to davy jones locker

Parrot on the yard arm

dem dare lads from that ship yonder arggggghh sooo devinnne dont yee think?

swimming with me hook, peg leg and parrot.

gonna be so sick! Only thing keeping me from all out depression after returning from NZ fun!

If it was next week and we didn’t win our soccer semi, I would be so in… I love being a pirate.

but we are in the Semis, have City to Surf and I don’t want to miss that :(

ah!! semi’s?! nice one TJ!! i wish my team could just win a game!!

Lol we were minor premiers in division 21 lol. Massive achievement lol.

I’m on 3 goals for the season and the top scorer (my housemate) is on 6 smile

Crackers we might head down depending on the road conditions!!!

blizzard_22 - 07 August 2011 07:32 AM

Crackers we might head down depending on the road conditions!!!

ok sweet! would be fun to see you guys…..long range forecast is half cloudy half sunny but no snow in the few days before so might be good on the roads. better to check closer maybe.

you guys have finals already? ive got a game next friday night and still 3 games after that, plus top 5 are in final series.
just watched the top team win the comp today which means highest we can come is 2nd. argh.

haha tj!! Thats not that bad, i’d be super majorly luck to score a goal, lol….. Mind you i am the goaly so… Yeah.
Anyway hope you guys win!!! Im sure you will!! smile

^^ haha, Goalies don’t score… but they can win games with good saves.

My 3 goals were mainly just being in the right place at the right time… with only the second one actually involving a bit of luck and skill…

on the contrary…

Yea cmon Amakat, tons of people score from Goalie hahaha!

Talk about hijacking a thread LOL

Crackers we are def going to the snow on Sunday, just not sure where as yet. Leaning towards Selwyn cause it is cheaper, but I wasn’t a fan of the drive. It felt so much longer than going to Thredbo/Perisher.

I would love to but we have such a busy weekend this week, including a good friend’s engagement party on the Saturday evening.  shut eye

Looking forward to hearing all about it though.

Is this the same “Good Friend” that is making you leave the shred early?

bliz it definitely isn’t longer, its probably just because you’re not used to it. Places always seem further when you’ve never been there. We drove there in 4 1/2hrs from wollongong last time we went & that was nowhere near crazy speeding either…In fact we were stuck behind a cop doing 95 for a long portion of it!

tjswish - 08 August 2011 04:58 AM

Is this the same “Good Friend” that is making you leave the shred early?

No, just a lot of friends seem to be getting engaged and married at the moment.

This weekend is a good friend’s engagement party. His wedding is in November, four days before I leave for Canada (actually pushed our flights back for him). We’ve been friends since we were kids and our mums are good friends too.

The Shred situation is another close friend of mine. I’ll be a groomsman in the wedding.

Before I leave in November, I have four weddings, four bucks nights, and a couple of engagement parties. I’m also missing another friend’s wedding in December but nothing I can do about that. Then I have another friend’s wedding in May in Hawaii, which we’ll be attending on our way home from Canada.

Oh yeah, and my sister is having a baby in January which I will be coming home for.

Crazy times…