The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

bindings advice

hey guys.
I just bought a ride DH 2010 model off my mate and i was wondering, what sort of bindings would everyone recommend, I wanna be doing more tree runs/ park stuff but I don’t want to be totally restricted with something that cant do big mountain. any recommendations?

all bindings can ride big mountain

Hey snoz87, welcome to Boardworld. cool smile

Sounds like you want something with mid to stiffish response. Personally I’m a big fan of Burton and Flux bindings. I would recommend something like the Burton Cartels, Burton Malavitas, or Flux DS45s. If you want something stiffer I’d look at Burton C02s or Flux SF45s. All are super comfy, good features, all have cap straps / toe caps, nice versatile/performance flex, responsive enough for any freeriding you’ll do. It also comes down to personal preference but you really can’t go wrong with any of those mentioned.

cool!
thanks heaps!

No worries at all. Let me know if you have any other questions.

How about Ride Spi bindings?

I wonder what mizu thinks wink haha

I just got a pair of TT30’s and SF45’s and can’t wait to try them out.

Cheers rider btw!

rome 390 boss

/end thread

What about Union Force?  I’ve heard they’re decently stiff.

Mudhoney - 07 August 2011 11:25 PM

What about Union Force?  I’ve heard they’re decently stiff.

what bindings do you have mudhoney?

Burton, Flux, Ride, Rome, Union… probably your five leading binding brands right here.

All offer different features and materials. Set your budget and check out what’s available in each brand. Compare the features and get what appeals to you the most. I love the cap straps / toe straps on Burton and Flux bindings, and in my opinion they make an excellent binding. Honestly, you can’t go wrong with any of the mentioned brands.

rider26 - 08 August 2011 12:12 AM

Burton, Flux, Ride, Rome, Union… probably your five leading binding brands right here.

All offer different features and materials. Set your budget and check out what’s available in each brand. Compare the features and get what appeals to you the most. I love the cap straps / toe straps on Burton and Flux bindings, and in my opinion they make an excellent binding. Honestly, you can’t go wrong with any of the mentioned brands.

I think you should sticky this for all the ‘which binding should I buy’ threads

dont you like seeing 13 new threads on “which bindings to buy” a week? haha

I’m a huge fan of the Union bindings, they offer a lifetime base plate warranty, their toe caps fit well and they have sufficient padding in their straps which I know a few other brands don’t have.

Burton also make mad bindings and their toe caps are superb (Until you are on the mountain and you see someone with them done up completely wrong…) but I don’t like their 3 screw system and I don’t like the channel system / EST bindings as it leads to heel lift from where the bindings are screwed down.

Flux I am yet to try and everyone here raves about them so at the shred I plan to give them a whirl.

Rome 390s are always hyped

and Ride are one of the most solid snowboard companies I know so I would be happy to ride their bindings as well.

Just make sure you stay away from the cheap brands. You may say they don’t do much, just hold you to the board but you would be surprised. Main things are the weight which makes your board heavier and harder to ride, the stiffness (if you want soft bindings, cheap ones are either too stiff or way too soft) and just shoddy craftmanship which can cause things to fall off etc which will ruin your day / week at the snow!

Gamblor - 08 August 2011 12:00 AM

what bindings do you have mudhoney?

Heh I’m still using my 2000 Custom bindings on my 2000 Custom board.  Might upgrade some of my kit this year, probably in this order of priority: boots -> bindings -> board

Most likely won’t do board this year unless I find an uber-bargain, based on my conclusion I should probably stick to a cambered board.

TJ, all Burton bindings come with a four hole baseplate so you can secure the bindings with four screws on any non-Burton board.

There will be four demo sets of Flux binding at The Shred.