The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Hookups for some bindings??

oh since your hear mizu, what are the RK30’s like compared to DS45’s? (I’m using a Capita TFA, the TFA is pretty a pretty stiff board so I’ve been thinking since those two bindings are pretty soft, I’ll be losing the response which I’m looking for :(. )

As far as I know (cause I am not the rep), the 30 and 45 are numbers that roughly give a guide to the stiffness of the materials used in the binder, directly due to the amount of the nylon blend used to manufacture it!!!!

So the RK30’s will have a softer stiffness of the DS45’s!!!!! (The DS45’s do have a Urethane Highback for some flex when in the park)

Therefore the RK’s are very park/street oriented, with the DS45’s bein more of an All Mountain Freestyle Binder!!!! SF45’s have both the stiffer blend in the base and highback, makin this binder more suitable for Freeride/Bombin!!!!!

Hope this helps????

That helps heaps mizu, Thanks!

With the DS45 high backs, you can switch them over so the higher side of the high back is giving more response. Making it still a decent response binding.

Hey bliss, sorry about my delay on this one. I was a down at the snow for a couple of days.

What are you looking for exactly? I can help you find it for sure. Let me know and we’ll track it down for you and hopefully sort out a nice discount.

By the way, the DS45s aren’t too soft at all. I’d rate them about 7/10 on the response meter. Really nice bindings!

How was the snow Rider? Super jealous. The things I would do to be on the slopes right now haha.

Im looking for a set of SF45’s or DS45’s whichever ones would suit my BSOD or TFA (both practically the same). Preferably SF45’s

thanks man!

Could you also suggest another choice other than flux just incase they are supppper pricey?

burton cartels or malavitas

Union Force SL’s would be mad for what you want.

While Mizu will promote Flux until it’s time to Hibernate for the summer, I’ll plug Union till the base plates break… And then I’d get a new pair cause they have lifetime warranty on the baseplates hahaha.

bliss - 02 August 2011 08:54 AM

How was the snow Rider? Super jealous. The things I would do to be on the slopes right now haha.

Im looking for a set of SF45’s or DS45’s whichever ones would suit my BSOD or TFA (both practically the same). Preferably SF45’s

thanks man!

The snow was good and I had a great time down there. It was my first trip this season, so great to be back on the board. smile

I’ll look into this for you tomorrow, bliss. What size boots do you wear?

I wear a Size 10US Burton Imperial smile

Unless i can get the flux’s for 200-300, I wont be able to afford them :(, so sad

Yeah, both those Flux bindings are going to sell for more than $300, even with a good discount.

I heard RK30’s are alright with price, how would they go with the BSOD??

They are softer than the DS45s and SF45s. It’s personal preference really. It does down to how much response you want and how you’re going to be riding.

Just sent you a PM. smile