The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

RIde Share nxt weekend 4 - 7th Aug

My ute is going and I have about 5 Forry’s that I’m looking at as replacements.  I will keep my modifying shennanigans to minimum on this car.  All it gets are a bigger turbo and TMIC, exhaust and tune, oh and a stereo upgrade, then it stops, scouts honour.  I will definitely leave it at stock ride height and probably leave the wheels too.

Mizu Kuma - 31 July 2011 11:12 PM
deanobruce - 31 July 2011 10:14 PM

that should buff right out…

You used to be a panel beater, didn’t ya!!!!!

hahaha hell no!

blizzard_22 - 31 July 2011 12:21 PM

Yeh it does the job. Roof racks for the boards, cheap on petrol. I can’t complain grin

do you think the roof racks kills the fuel economy?

how much are you spending on petrol to get there and back?

I have a Mazda sp23 and roof racks. I honestly dont notice much of a difference in fuel, even when I have two snowboard bags on the roof. I have actually had better econ. when I drove from Melb to Syd with 2 white water kayaks upside down on the roof.

I love how this thread has descended into a car discussion LOL.

I paid the deposit on the car and just waiting for finance to clear. Fingers crossed I can pick the car up on Thursday night and drive straight to the snow. Work is also a sticky point at the moment, but lucky I am the PA and control the boss’ diary! (no work for you on Friday Mister!)

by bags..i assume you just put the bag on with tie downs as opposed to actual board carriers

Do you still get the big draft sound when driving?
ive got the 6 arm carrier (so 4 boards stacked back to back) and when i drive anything above 100km/h there is a massive “wind tunnel” sound coming from the roof…which the sales guy said is normal

but i believe this is causing unwanted drag

sorry for the thread hijack LOL

yeh, two board bags, not carrier. I dont notice any noise different to just the roof racks alone. If anything there is less. I think cos the bags hang down a bit and nearly touch the roof, it closes the gap under them.

Sorry for hijacking oz! it happens all the time round here if you havent noticed LOL

ozgirl - 02 August 2011 01:54 AM

I paid the deposit on the car and just waiting for finance to clear. Fingers crossed I can pick the car up on Thursday night and drive straight to the snow. Work is also a sticky point at the moment, but lucky I am the PA and control the boss’ diary! (no work for you on Friday Mister!)

LOL

Just rip friday’s page out of the diary completely???? Can’t go wrong then!!!!!

Good work oz, hope everything works out!!!

Yes I def think the roof racks smash my fuel economy. The Astra is only a 1.8 so normally a trip to Jindy will use 1/4 a tank, but I am finding now it is taking 1/2 a tank. But it is worth it :-D

ozgirl - 02 August 2011 01:54 AM

have you had the car checked over by your mechanic?

i know i wouldnt be driving 5+ hours in a car i just picked up if it hasnt been looked over.

blizzard_22 - 02 August 2011 02:46 AM

Yes I def think the roof racks smash my fuel economy. The Astra is only a 1.8 so normally a trip to Jindy will use 1/4 a tank, but I am finding now it is taking 1/2 a tank. But it is worth it :-D

Probably the 6 cases of Dr Pepper in the back seat????

Mizu Kuma - 02 August 2011 02:48 AM
blizzard_22 - 02 August 2011 02:46 AM

Probably the 6 cases of Dr Pepper in the back seat????

:-D how’d you know!

Lucky guess???

I don’t mind the hijacking - I think it is great!

Interesting discussion with some valid points.

Deano - That is a very good point and will try and arrange the inspection. But I don’t want to fork out the money if the finance falls through (which is touch and go as I am 14 days off completing my probation at work)

This would be known as carjacking, oz!!!!