The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

BOARDWORLD SHRED 2011 ~Jive talk~

The anticipation for the shred is killing me!! Man I need to get down to the snow! Will be there in less than 3 weeks smile

Getting depressed not living near snow long face
Only one solution:  billy

I hate leaving work on a Friday and hearing our radio tell us the roads are clear to all the snow fields and Im not going :-(

Wouldn’t it be worse to hear the roads are covered in snow and closed and your not going/there?

I don’t think I would be driving to the snow if they were covered too scared! confused

When the roads are covered, it’s a good sign that the snow is gonna be awesome!!!!!  cool grin

Driven many times with fresh snow covering the road. Resulting in awesome riding - just ask Tjswish

Yeh I would prob just take the ski tube option in those conditions!!!

you have to drive half the year on snow where I live when im over in Sweden…..they do have winter tyres though.
, ive never seen it very bad over here (NZ is another story). couple of drives between queenstown and snowpark have been nuts and once up to the remarks was the craziest driving i have ever done.

When we went to Japan, my girls were in the Taxi in front of us doin 360’s down the road!!!!!

I honestly don’t know how they knew where the road was!!!!!  shock

I’ve actually only used chains once, and needed them to get a 3/4 ton truck out of Heavenly’s (SLT) lower carpark with 4 foot of fresh snow, when the snow is higher than the tires philosophy.  But I understand the the scare=the requirement. I’ve gone to the snow, but I do not rent chains. SNOWDRAGON DOES NOT RECCOMEND THIS (disclaimer)

I grew up with driving in conditions gone from “bad” to “the roads are closed drive at your own risk if you get stuck towed and fined” conditions (sleet/ice/s***your pants)- so i have a fair confidence, but so far the most freaked out I’ve been in this country is the constant signs telling me how much i’ll be fined, which made me more nervous than the actual conditions of the road ohhblank stare . hmmm personally i don’t think this should apply to everyone, but you can’t exactly draw a line.

13 Australian snow seasons - used chains twice.

spaz - 30 July 2011 12:15 PM

13 Australian snow seasons - used chains twice.

word

Wow spaz, just never needed em or never bothered?

never used chains in AUS ever,

there is simply no need. i drove up directly after a 70cm dump and there was still no need to even consider putting them on