The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Latest Movies

nthnbeachesguy - 28 July 2011 11:25 AM
snowdragon - 28 July 2011 09:21 AM
nthnbeachesguy - 28 July 2011 02:20 AM

Captain America I didn’t even watch the whole thing, saw bits and pieces and only really paid attention when Tommy lee Jones was in the scene, the other actors were great cardboard cutouts.

That’s too bad. I assume you watched it as a download, another Country, or in a state/territory before it was released in ACT/anyways (can’t imagine we’d be behind in anything…) But Seriously, were you expecting like super cgi? I assume you were a general movie patron, not expecting a movie concerning a 1940’s era type atmosphere/hero, and i wouldn’t want to downplay Tommy L J’s performance, but he WAS a Base-Cast Military General depicted fighting the Axis powers of World War II. 
The comic was first released in 1941.

I mean no disrespect to nthnbeachesguy, Snowdragon had to vent his opinion in this occasion. it does not require agreement.
Nothing to see here people.. move along..

No download, I have magic cable tv that is able to play latest release movies and stuff…............................

Na I just didn’t rate it, I dun reckon that guy could carry a movie and other than TLJ the actors were garbage.  But what would I know, my version of a good time right now is listening to Tom Petty whilst drinking CC and Dry, so what would I know about taste?

Magic cable TV that you pay for… Which is expensive…

PS Free cable is the best type of cable lol.

snowdragon - 28 July 2011 09:21 AM
nthnbeachesguy - 28 July 2011 02:20 AM

Captain America I didn’t even watch the whole thing, saw bits and pieces and only really paid attention when Tommy lee Jones was in the scene, the other actors were great cardboard cutouts.

That’s too bad. I assume you watched it as a download, another Country, or in a state/territory before it was released in ACT/anyways (can’t imagine we’d be behind in anything…) But Seriously, were you expecting like super cgi? I assume you were a general movie patron, not expecting a movie concerning a 1940’s era type atmosphere/hero, and i wouldn’t want to downplay Tommy L J’s performance, but he WAS a Base-Cast Military General depicted fighting the Axis powers of World War II. 
The comic was first released in 1941.

I mean no disrespect to nthnbeachesguy, Snowdragon had to vent his opinion in this occasion. it does not require agreement.
Nothing to see here people.. move along..

No download, I have magic cable tv that is able to play latest release movies and stuff…............................

Na I just didn’t rate it, I dun reckon that guy could carry a movie and other than TLJ the actors were garbage.  But what would I know, my version of a good time right now is listening to Tom Petty whilst drinking CC and Dry, so what would I know about taste?

Nothing wrong with Tom Petty, well listening to him anyways..  wink

I moved on to Beam Black and coke, David Bowie, Bob Seger, Supertramp and the Rolling Stones last night, I was really on a 70’s and 80’s roll.

It is still early in the mornin for my grey matter to click in, but when ya say cc and dry, what does the cc stand for, nthn???

Mizu Kuma - 28 July 2011 11:03 PM

It is still early in the mornin for my grey matter to click in, but when ya say cc and dry, what does the cc stand for, nthn???

Canadian Club (whisky) if i’m not mistaken

you just went up a few notches in my respect ladder.

CC & Dry is the ultimate.

For the last year or so there has always been a bottle of canadian club in my freezer and a bottle or 2 of dry and a lime in my fridge

snowdragon - 28 July 2011 11:12 PM
Mizu Kuma - 28 July 2011 11:03 PM

Canadian Club (whisky) if i’m not mistaken

Ohh, I is not a big spirit drinker!!!!

Beer, wine and Sake are my chosen addictions!!!!

seriously you guys have to get some Makers Mark in there

Crowne Royal would be my Whisky of choice, Unless I could afford some really old Glenfiddich

I like my bourbon whisky as does my girl, after a few beers it’s nice to swap to and I have yet to find anything that cleanses the palate and refreshes like whiskey and dry, is awesome.

makers mark is pretty good. i still prefer cc, a canadian guy served me at the vineyard in st kilda one sunday arvo, when i asked for CC he laughed and proclaimed that “that stuff is shit, its like the fosters of canada. its massive all around the world except for its home country!!”

Sunday arvo session at the Vineyard eh Deano?  Did that a couple of times as well as the Bier Cafe on St Kilda Rd and the Metrolpole on Fitzroy St.

yeh done the belgium beer garden on st kilda road a few times. never been to the metropole tho, may have to check it out.

although i havent had a proper sunday session in a fair while. too cold haha

Many times my drinking session at the Belgium has ended up very messy at Metropole

CC & Dry is AWESOME!!!

I have taken a liking to Gentleman Jack, it’s about $65 a bottle, but I found it at Costco for $45!!!