The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

what are your favourite brands

Reviving an old thread because I am bored wink

Boards - my past few sticks have been K2 (freeride) and Burton (for powder) - I like them so will prolly stick to them
Bindings - Have used Burton bindings since 1999 (several models) and am happy with them…..Have the C60’s for the US Winter to test so will let you know how they go wink
Gloves - Burton AK series - pricey? Yes, but my hands are never cold or wet…...you get what you pay for
Boots - whatever fits my foot best! After much searching and trying, I have found Salomon fit my foot well. I just hope their boot dimensions do not change much in subsequent models
Goggles - Have used Spy, Arnette, Dragon, however have settled (thanks to +1’s advice!) on the Oakley A Frames - they fit me like a gloves and am comfy on the face.
Helmet - Last 2 helmets have been Giro - no complaints there.
Jacket - Have 2 Arc’teryx jackets and they are hands down the best jackets I have owned. With my base and mid-layers (also Arc’teryx) I am always comfortable, never wet, etc - basically you won’t hear me whinging.  Yes they are not cheap but when you buy Arc’teryx you know you are getting quality that will last a LONG time
Pants - Burton AK 3L. Since buying them I have never had a wet butt. The fact I don’t worry if I am going to get a wet butt speaks volumes
Base Layers - Merino Wool (e.g.Ice Breaker, etc). Once again no complaints from me.

Bottom line - Don’t dismiss a brand without trying it on, wearing, etc - u never know smile

Hmmm,

Boards - Ride, Lib Tech
Bindings - Burton
Boots - Burton, 32
Outwear - Analog, although I don’t really have a favourite brand, just what looks cool and feels good.
Gogs - Dragon

Thats preetty much it..

I used to love Option gear (mainly wore there bib style pants) I recently heard they got bought by another company and now have gone under.  Is this true anyone else hear this?

Omatic board
Sno Pro bindings
32 boots
Juice outerwear
Oakley googles

All this stuff is good for me!