The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Powder/Park Board?

rider26 - 25 July 2011 08:04 AM

Welcome to Boardworld, jedijunglesnow.  cool smile

I’ve tested a couple of boards with zero camber between the feet, and rocker nose and tail i.e Burton Fix. Personally I didn’t like the ride for most of the mountain. The flat camber makes the board feel a bit dead/damp, at least it did on the Fix (other testers said the same). You’re not going to get the same energy and pop as with a cambered board. If you’re riding a lot of rails, then flat camber between the feet works great.

It really depends on how you intend to use the board. The Dominant is great in the park, especially on rails.

That’s for the reply grin

Not planning on too many rails, as I said it’s more for mucking around on the mountain when I’m riding slow with the family ( I think I’m just harking back to the old 148 Joyride days grin ). I thought the flat camber might have that deadening effect, so you’ve answered my question perfectly, cheers!

on some other boards flat camber brings more of a skate feel, which could mean the opposite of damp (whatever that is).

I rode a smokin’ superpark which has dirt rocker - flat with rockered tips and that was AWESOME! I really really liked it and tried to buy one, but couldn’t find one at the time. It had tons of pop.

It definitely could have just been the Fix. Several testers had the same comments on that particular board. I also tested the Blender (same P-rocker profile), and it was quite a fun board to ride. I know the K2 flat/rocker boards have received very positive feedback. I would be keen to try more flat/rocker boards in the future.

*Damp = my explanation of lacking energy, dead feel etc.

oh, i agree with your damp terminology, Rider.
Yeah, the K2 Slayblade is a board I want to try, and that is flatline tech

With my parkstar its flat binding to binding, and slight rocker outside bindings and I definately dont feel like it lacks pop. I would be really keen to try K2’s full flat boards like the Slayblade and Happy Hour

K2, can you hook me up with a Slayblade demo please?  KTHNXBAI

The Slayblade was actually the K2 board I was referring to. I’ve heard great things about it and I would love to demo one myself.

you are RIDER26! Just click your fingers and something will happen!

grrr. double post.

LOL I wish it was that easy…

The Believer is their ‘team’ board and also has their Flatline profile. It is stiffer than the slayblade.

@gamblor, I wish I could hook you up. Or were you asking K2 the company? I actually have no affiliation with K2 Snowboarding. Im like Mizu is with Flux LOL

I was actually looking at gettin a Slayblade at one stage, and would still love to have a burl on one!!!!!

Warren has the StepChild JP Walker which has flat base tech!!!!! He seems to like it a lot!!!!!

And my names not Flux_MizuKumAder!!!!! Hmmmm….......... But I do like the sound of “flux26”...........

K2, I know I know - just wishing out loud

haha, yeh. I wish too wink

k2 happy hour is the new believer

my mate demo’d it recently
very poppy fun board to snap around on
didn’t take it to the park just cruised around on the mountain

stupid crowds wasted so much time in the lift lines on demo day