The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

WHO WEARS A BRAIN BUCKET????

Poll: Do ya wear a helmet when on a board???
Total Votes: 35
YES
NO
SOMETIMES
WHEN I SHRED I DO, BUT NOT WHEN I ROLL
WHEN I SHRED I DO, BUT NOT WHEN I SLASH
WHEN I ROLL I DO, BUT NOT WHEN I SHRED
K2_SnatchCrewSader - 25 July 2011 07:16 AM

LOL looks good anyway.
Its still the plan. gotta approach work over the next couple of weeks and see how much time off they would be willing to give me. otherwise I may have to resign. which I really dont want to do. but I gotta get over to Whislter!

I resigned last time I went over there and left a company I’d been working at for over 5 years. Best decision I’ve ever made, I now have another season under my belt and I’m back at the old workplace but as a contractor now which is perfect. More money, same responsibility and on a 6 month contract.

Most workplaces now are also willing to negotiate leave without pay aswell. I know both Dan and his girlfriend Rhiannon arranged this for their season over there.

I think its a good idea to invest in one. At thredbo I caught an edge while on my toe side and did a couple flips. My head copped a big beating and I had to just sit next to the trees for a bit after that ordeal aha and with the hardpacked snow, it didn’t do my head any favours :\.

Definitely will get one before I head over to japan but, learnt my lesson in thredbo but without a doubt wearing a beanie by itself is just heaps comfier!

Gamblor - 25 July 2011 12:01 AM
Koper - 24 July 2011 12:03 PM
tjswish - 24 July 2011 08:37 AM

It is warmer than a beanie.

CASE CLOSED lol

^ this.

I wear mine in the park, don’t really wear it much when i’m just cruising around, probs wouldn’t hurt to though..rolleyes

what if you start the day cruising and then decide to hit the park? do you go grab the helmet from your car?

TBH downer not as often as i should. Normally get it when we go back to the car for lunch though..

i always wear my helmet on the hill…
The big question I have is when to replace it? They say they’re good for one large knock… but how big a knock is big enough to warrant replacement?
My bucket has no cracks or obvious breaks, but it does have a tiny area in the front where it’s been flattened/squished a little raspberry

That sounds like a replacement right there!!!!

The plastics used also break down over time, so it’s recommended to replace every couple of years anyway!!!!!

I have had tree branches that were that little to in the way you could say, smash into the helmet. Numerous slams that cause me too get dazed as anything. The venting helps keep me cooler as well. Jez saw some funny aftermaths of a days riding.