The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Powder/Park Board?

Bliss, the TFA has capita’s death grip on the edges. That is basically one magnetraction point vs 3 or 5 (there might be 7 too but I’m not sure).

Mizu, the only time I noticed the rocker on the trice was flat basing and in pow. Burton’s v-rocker and flying v has more of a bump in between the bindings which makes you spin more

Hopefully get some good pow at falls in two weeks, to see how she goes!!!!!  cool grin

@gamblor: Yeap I agree with you. Only noticed the rocker when flat basing and in pow. But sometimes the mag bites in at random times when the snow is hard, but not very often though.

Also, what bindings do you have on your stick? @gamblor

I have blue union forces on it at the moment, but I don’t really like them, so I think I will sell them off. I liked my electric blue burton malavitas on it better.

*reason I don’t like the forces is because the screws come loose all the time. everytime you move your ankle strap up and down they loosen a little. Once I’m strapped in a riding they’re fine though.

Mizu Kuma - 25 July 2011 03:51 AM

Hopefully get some good pow at falls in two weeks, to see how she goes!!!!!  cool grin

id give you a burl of my rocker/cam/rocker board at falls but its only a 154…

Hi All - interesting thread. I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a little park board for mucking around on to keep me interested when I’m ring around with my wife and a 10 year old.

On the rocker at the tips and camber between the feet, anyone ridden last year’s Burton Dominant? It has rocker at the tips, but a flat/zero camber between the feet, curious how that might go…

Gamblor - 25 July 2011 06:52 AM

I have blue union forces on it at the moment, but I don’t really like them, so I think I will sell them off. I liked my electric blue burton malavitas on it better.

*reason I don’t like the forces is because the screws come loose all the time. everytime you move your ankle strap up and down they loosen a little. Once I’m strapped in a riding they’re fine though.

ah ok, I remember previously on another thread I was told to try out some unions but once mizu introduced flux to me, I was rather convinced on them haha. Definitely imagine mizu a rep for flux! haha wink.

In saying that, what would you think about a pair of DS45’s on the Tfa Gamblor

jedijunglesnow - 25 July 2011 07:15 AM

Hi All - interesting thread. I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a little park board for mucking around on to keep me interested when I’m ring around with my wife and a 10 year old.

On the rocker at the tips and camber between the feet, anyone ridden last year’s Burton Dominant? It has rocker at the tips, but a flat/zero camber between the feet, curious how that might go…

Welcome to Boardworld, jedijunglesnow.  cool smile

I’ve tested a couple of boards with zero camber between the feet, and rocker nose and tail i.e Burton Fix. Personally I didn’t like the ride for most of the mountain. The flat camber makes the board feel a bit dead/damp, at least it did on the Fix (other testers said the same). You’re not going to get the same energy and pop as with a cambered board. If you’re riding a lot of rails, then flat camber between the feet works great.

It really depends on how you intend to use the board. The Dominant is great in the park, especially on rails.

bliss- any binders will work on the tfa. get matching colours and the pair that stokes you out the most

the ds45’s do look like little girl bindings though. all plasticky and round edges… [puts on helmet while awaiting Mizu’s broadside]

hahaha!

Says the man with the baby blue Malavitas!!!!

hey! electric blue is a manly colour!

(the flux’s have a good rep though, you won’t go wrong if you choose a pair)

Gamblor - 25 July 2011 10:01 AM

hey! electric blue is a manly colour!

(the flux’s have a good rep though, you won’t go wrong if you choose a pair)

Hence the reason Mizu isn’t and won’t be the rep, ooh tongue rolleye

Man I am tough when I am all the way over in the UK.

I would normally say somethin very derogatory about your swimsuit CJ, however I live in fear of bein deleted again for partaking in steering this thread off topic!!!!