The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Advice???

butter knife in a sword fight then

sure you can still win but its just that much harder =p

tjswish - 15 July 2011 03:31 AM
Gamblor - 15 July 2011 01:38 AM
tjswish - 14 July 2011 01:03 PM
bliss - 14 July 2011 11:31 AM

Also, I’ve kind of had second thoughts on going with the skate banana because I’ve been told its absolutely terrible to carve with, so I’m just wondering, what would your choice be if your looking for a good carving, stable board aswell as used for park??

You are asking for 2 different boards… its like asking which knife should I buy to butter bread and cut my steak?

wrong.

A park board doesn’t have to be all soft - it’s all up to user preference. There are loads of mid-stiff freestyle boards out there and they carve fine. Looking at Capita alone you have the bsod, tfa, stairmaster extreme, mid life.

Also, the capita TFA is stiffer than the BSOD (even though they are rated the opposite in the catalogue)

If you want a board like you mentioned, then get something cambered or, with a little rocker on the tips. Lib’s C2 or Burton’s flying v can work too, but not as well.

You can butter bread with a steak knife… Doesn’t mean you should…

It does if ya like little lines in ya butter!!!!!

Mizu…  LOL

BSOD or T.Rice?
Recently I’ve been spending heaps of time looking at boards, and Boardworld has seriously helped me so much, I’ve gained so much knowledge about the new boards out there! and in saying that, I’ve already chosen a Park board and now I’m looking for a board I can carve the crap out of mountains/pow with ease.

After seeing Gamblors review on the BSOD I settled on that(and the TFA, whichever one was in stock) but I’ve been told by a mate to ask you guys about the T.Rice as a decision over the BSOD(or the TFA), what are your thoughts? smile

I’ve demoed the BSOD in a 156 and own a T.Rice in a 153. I prefer my T.Rice. I feel that the BSOD is stiffer and good for bombing down runs and carving (but then my board has 20 days on it so it softened up a bit, fresh out the box, stiffness prolly around the same). Still can press it with the rocker in the nose and tail. Feels more like a cambered board than the T.Rice because the camber actually extends just after the binding inserts (not before the inserts like Rossi’s Amptek). Seeing Gamblor’s vid, I think it’s safe to say it floats really good.

Also if you don’t like magnetraction the BSOD only has 1 additional contact point on the sidecut. Also to note I’m only 5’5” and 150lbs.