The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

WHO WEARS A BRAIN BUCKET????

Poll: Do ya wear a helmet when on a board???
Total Votes: 35
YES
NO
SOMETIMES
WHEN I SHRED I DO, BUT NOT WHEN I ROLL
WHEN I SHRED I DO, BUT NOT WHEN I SLASH
WHEN I ROLL I DO, BUT NOT WHEN I SHRED

With the unfortunate passing of Aaron Robinson due to a head injury whilst boarding, (RIP Aaron)

I thought that I would reignite the yearly topic of helmets!!!!!

Who wears em, who don’t??? Why, Why Not???

Gotta POLL goin as well, to see what our world is doin!!!!! If the option that ya chose is not covered, ya just bein downright difficult!!!!!

*I have put this in social to try and capture all of the disciplines first!!!! (Ya can move it to wherever ya want, rider)  shaka

I’ve bought one but haven’t used it yet only cause i’ve done 1 day since I purchased it…. but now because i’m hitting rails and bigger kickers i’m gonna protect my melon!!!

I bought a helmet while in Canada and used it nearly all the time. Had a couple stacks where I was glad to be wearing it. Don’t know if there is just as much of a need of one in Oz, but i could just be being naive.

Always wear one. It doesn’t take much to hurt yourself. Take a look at the actress Natasha Richardson. On a flat beginner run, had a tumble and soon died after it.

When I had my stack and broke my wrist I was so glad I was wearing one. I hit the ground so hard with my head that even with the stack hat on, there is still a part of the fall I can’t remember.

Australia has more need for a helmet - there are more hard bits to impact.

It took me a while to start wearing mine regularly - I bought it just for competing. But once in the habit the benefits out weight not wearing one.
Since I shred faster than many city people drive, love tree runs and spend too much time laughing (don’t want to mention being under the influence) There is a definite need.

It has saved much grief during big stacks but it has been mostly on smaller falls I think it’s been of most benefit. Especially catching heel edges on Friday Flat - the width of the helmet means my neck doesn’t get whiplashed.

Really like Warren Chapstick’s blue bucket - I need a new helmet.

I wear mine all the time now, just feels better knowing that i have it on to protect me head.
Pertty much wouldnt ride with out it anymore cool smirk

It is warmer than a beanie.

CASE CLOSED lol

Its a yes for me.

Saved me on a icy green run in Hakuba in Feb when I caught an edge at low speed and went over backwards and hit a big lump of solid ice.

Even with the helmet it rocked me and I reckon if I wasn’t wearing it I wouldn’t at the least split my scalp open if not worse.

Would have been a shit end to my holiday hmmm

Yes…..........i dislike them, despite the fact that they protect your nogin, they’re anoying!! wish i could just wear a beany…  downer

Had mine for few years now,  and wear it every single time i go down the mountain… well - safety, gives you more confidence and as TJ pointed out before its warmer than a beanie..

tjswish - 24 July 2011 08:37 AM

CASE CLOSED lol

^ this.

I wear mine in the park, don’t really wear it much when i’m just cruising around, probs wouldn’t hurt to though..rolleyes

I wear one
It’s safe and warm and no reason not to wear one

Never have, starting to think it might not be a bad idea in the park though, the confidence factor would be good I reckon.

i havent as of yet, but i got one last week so from now on i will ride with one. i like my head the way it is so want to protect it

smashed my helmet on a box last year

it broke/cracked in 3 places right above my neck- was slightly concussed/groggy for most the night

i would either be disabled or dead

best $200 i have ever spent

Koper - 24 July 2011 12:03 PM
tjswish - 24 July 2011 08:37 AM

CASE CLOSED lol

^ this.

I wear mine in the park, don’t really wear it much when i’m just cruising around, probs wouldn’t hurt to though..rolleyes

what if you start the day cruising and then decide to hit the park? do you go grab the helmet from your car?