The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Powder/Park Board?

The TFA looks niceeee, If I can get my hands on a TFA I’ll probably get that one, if not a Indoor Survival FK and last option the BSOD! By the way, are flux’s compatible with Capita boards??

Flux are compatible with all boards, bliss!!!!!  shaka

Mizu Kuma - 22 July 2011 11:44 AM

Flux are compatible with all boards, bliss!!!!!  shaka

sounds gooood

hey mizu are you like a flux rep or something?

i require some parts for my bindings
i stuffed my up cover and it doesnt sit flush anymore
only thing is i bought it 2nd hand

Nah, not the rep, although ya would think so hey!!!!!

There is a rep on here by the user name of “amine”!!!!! A PM to Amine should set ya in the right direction humdinga!!!!!

cheers thanks ill give that a go

Have a look at the catalyst twin 156, I got one at the start of this season and have used it pretty much every week and couldnt recommend it highly enough, Its rockered from the inserts and has about 2mm of camber between the feet. Has been awesome in the few pow days and alot of fun in the park with a nice mellow flex.
Really good guys to deal with, have been back for a few waxes, all done for free!

bliss - 22 July 2011 11:23 AM

The TFA looks niceeee, If I can get my hands on a TFA I’ll probably get that one, if not a Indoor Survival FK and last option the BSOD! By the way, are flux’s compatible with Capita boards??

me on the tfa. it does have rockered tips, but it doesn’t feel like it at all because the camber is so stiff. So, it rides like a cambered board but is less catchy and floats better in pow. I noticed the less-catchyness in the park when i was landing a back 180 and should have slammed on a caught edge but rode out of it. I was like, “what just happened???”
In us money the tfa is a $100 cheaper than the bsod if I remember correctly, and the indoor is even cheaper.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Approx pricing
BSOD 550
TFA 450
Indoor 400

Gamblor - 22 July 2011 01:17 PM
bliss - 22 July 2011 11:23 AM

me on the tfa. it does have rockered tips, but it doesn’t feel like it at all because the camber is so stiff. So, it rides like a cambered board but is less catchy and floats better in pow. I noticed the less-catchyness in the park when i was landing a back 180 and should have slammed on a caught edge but rode out of it. I was like, “what just happened???”
In us money the tfa is a $100 cheaper than the bsod if I remember correctly, and the indoor is even cheaper.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How did the TFA feel on jumps and rails???

like a normal cambered board. good pop. didn’t do any nose/tail slides though so can’t comment on how balancing on the fk goes. butters easy.
it does handle speed very well. I came flying down the olympic women’s downhill course and aired the hump near the bottom. Landed at high speed but a skier in my way forced me to go the edge, then another skier near the edge forced me to go straight, so I missed on two possible turns/speed scrubs which made me go triple the speed i wanted to go..and what do you know? the tfa hung on like a champ.

Gamblor - 24 July 2011 09:23 AM

like a normal cambered board. good pop. didn’t do any nose/tail slides though so can’t comment on how balancing on the fk goes. butters easy.
it does handle speed very well. I came flying down the olympic women’s downhill course and aired the hump near the bottom. Landed at high speed but a skier in my way forced me to go the edge, then another skier near the edge forced me to go straight, so I missed on two possible turns/speed scrubs which made me go triple the speed i wanted to go..and what do you know? the tfa hung on like a champ.

haha, sounds like the tfa saved you from getting into a pretty ugly situation

the graphics def save me from boredom on the lift raspberry

Gamblor - 24 July 2011 12:04 PM

the graphics def save me from boredom on the lift raspberry

Agree 100% haha

By the way, What size board do you recommend??
I’m about 175cms tall(5’9”), 75kgs(165lbs) and I am wearing a size 10US Boot