The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Introduction and board query

C J Parker - 20 July 2011 12:57 PM

You forgot something Mizu

It normally ends in !!! right???

No CJ, I normally use 4 or more like this!!!!!  shut eye

So for anyone interested in updates apart from exclamation marks (i use them often myself, but usually limit myself to 1 or 2)...

My sis found a 151 board, apparently ‘like a libtech but not’ not sure where from yet, and then i started umming and ahing and asked if there was a 153 because i didn’t add on a couple of kgs, not even sure if it makes a difference 60-64kgs, due to clothing and trying to put weight back on (i like to weigh myself buttnaked) and she got the poos at me.  I want to beat her down the Supertrail at least once this year (there’s a bet running).  It’s not so much straight bombing, more like short turns to the bottom/follow the leader.  In the interest of family harmony and personal safety off snow should i swallow the 151?  Mizu said the 151.5 would be sweet so surely half a cm isn’t too much of a diff, plus it’s nice and small to do some freestyle later on, just the faster cruising about could be an issue?  Maybe?  Nah? Yeah?

Rider, sorry we’re not in tonight.  Rain plus mad sibling = beers at home.

!!

“like a lib tech but not”??? Is it a gnu? Somethimes some sales guys will say something that isn’t always true, so the more details the better to give an answer.

Mizu Kuma - 20 July 2011 08:33 PM
C J Parker - 20 July 2011 12:57 PM

You forgot something Mizu

It normally ends in !!! right???

No CJ, I normally use 4 or more like this!!!!!  shut eye

That will be 5 pounds thanks mizu.  tongue wink

No worries, bogmow. The weather is horrible at the moment.

Yeah we really need more details about the board. Let us know what you can find out.

I am the one in England and you guys are complaining about the weather. Ha ha the irony.  blank stare

The secrets unravel!  So gave her a call and it seems the friend who suggested the Never Summer has one he wouldn’t mind selling.  I can see why, he’s gotta be close to 6ft tall, though he does like to go to the park 99% of the time. 
It’s a 2011 model, may have been ridden a little, says he got it fairly cheap from OS no doubt.  Kinda explains why i couldn’t find any shop around her selling one (online at least), and why she’d be keen to go into a board with me.  And why she got mad when i asked about other sizes, i’m good at ruining her schemes.  Not sure if it’s him or her who said they’re like a Lib, kinda also explains the other suggestion of the GNU Riders choice though.  What a mess…

C J Parker - 21 July 2011 12:00 PM

I am the one in England and you guys are complaining about the weather. Ha ha the irony.  blank stare

Yeah, but you like gettin ya hair all wet, just so ya can do the slomo flick, CJ!!!!! (I don’t think this comment is worth £5 but)  shut eye

Jealous much?????

Have to have the slow mo run to go with the slow mo hair flick.

Mizu will be out of action for a little bit due to the slow mo replays going through his head.

Sounds like you’ve got some decisions to make, bogmow. It’s hard to comment on the board without knowing which model. Don’t feel pressured into buying anything you don’t really want. See if you can find out exactly which model it is. Also, if it’s such a great board, why is he selling it?

Mizu and CJ, I refer you to here: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/2509/  smirk

Absolutely man…  Well the board is an SL model, the guy said he’d rather get an ‘evo’ and this way he’d get some cash, i’d get a board…  He also doesn’t mind keeping the board, just thought he’d try and help both me and him out.  Don’t know the differences of either one or this Never Summer to be honest so i’ll take his word for it.  Though i do know new models are coming out and he’s always keen for a quick update!  I’m not worried about that, it’s still 2011 haha

CJ, surely the weather in England can’t be as bad as what we got right now.  Then again, all of us in Sydney saved a heap of cash by staying here and getting the ‘London Weather Experience’ for free!  What’s the sun look like again?

bogmow - 22 July 2011 04:13 AM

CJ, surely the weather in England can’t be as bad as what we got right now.  Then again, all of us in Sydney saved a heap of cash by staying here and getting the ‘London Weather Experience’ for free!  What’s the sun look like again?

Well at the moment, amazing. It’s about 20 degrees and sunny till 9 in the evening.

I gave up on the board.  Not in a rush for something new plus money’s just become a bit scarce for me, so i think i’ll demo a range of boards before settling on a new one.  Though thanks to everyone’s advice i’ll go for a 151/2/3…
Feel a little deflated now!

It’s always a good idea to demo a few boards if you can. Sorry it didn’t work out for you this time. Keep us posted and if there’s anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

All good man, it’s a nice relief not to be rushed into something.  I’ll be sure to drop in and see you guys for advice soon… got that hankering for a new board now