The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Introduction and board query

Plenty of good advice, and lots to take in, thanks folks. 

I might visit STM with my sis later on about the demo option, sounds like a good idea i never thought of.
Will still have the 155 board and no doubt that could go OS with me if i do get something more for local conditions.  I’m the furthest thing from being king of the mountain, no doubt each suggested board including what i’ve already got will do me just fine for ages. 

All this fuss over a couple of cm’s!

It’s always the size that matters, bogmow!!!!!

If you’re using it primarily as your Australian board, I’d stick to something around the 152 mark. It’s a good compromise on size and will handle anything the Australian mountains throw at you.

I’ll be at STM on Thursday from 3pm till 8:30pm if you want to pop in for a chat.

Just watch that he doesn’t try to sell ya a lifetime membership to Boardworld!!!!!

^^ You’re the only person who’s ever fallen for that one. Thanks for the ‘membership fee’...  smirk

shut eye

ooh, so cruel

bogmow - 18 July 2011 04:46 AM

Plenty of good advice, and lots to take in, thanks folks. 

I might visit STM with my sis later on about the demo option, sounds like a good idea i never thought of.
Will still have the 155 board and no doubt that could go OS with me if i do get something more for local conditions.  I’m the furthest thing from being king of the mountain, no doubt each suggested board including what i’ve already got will do me just fine for ages. 

All this fuss over a couple of cm’s!

You’d be surprised… I love my 155 but throw me on a 158-160 and I just don’t have as much fun… And my recommended board is around a 158-160 :(

Yeah but I’m sure the membership fee has paid itself off now. You stuffed up boardworld once mizu.  tongue laugh

C J Parker - 19 July 2011 08:17 PM

Yeah but I’m sure the membership fee has paid itself off now. You stuffed up boardworld once mizu.  tongue laugh

What do ya mean once, CJ???? I thought that I did that every time I post!!!!

If I had a pound for every post you made, I think I have found my new job. Charge mizu for every stupid post he makes (“every”).  tongue wink

Ka…. ching!!!!!!

Now I am rolling up in BLING!!!!!!

My second job will be getting paid a pound for every exclamation mark you use.

Oh shit

You forgot something Mizu

It normally ends in !!! right???