The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Roof Racks

Quick question all. I have the snowboard attachment for my roof racks but the bindings on my brothers board line up exactly where the arms fall mad

His board is a 163cm so do I shift the board forward so one binding is in front of the arms, or shift it back so one binding is behind the back arm binding?

I’d try shifting it back, just check that there isn’t any danger of it wobble/hitting the car.  can you adjust the racks any closer or further apart?

I’d probably shift it forwards. The wind is going to be pushing the board back, so it’s better to have two bindings working as anchors rather than one. If you’ve got too much hanging over the front and it looks like the wind could get under the board and cause problems, then shift it back. Either way, make sure you secure it down tight. Sorry, I realise I haven’t been much help.  raspberry

shifting back is recommended
the way the boards sit on my roof rack the only 1 binding fits between the two arms
the other one is behind the back arm

Makes sense…

Thanks guys! I will shift it back and see how it goes. I will have two other boards on the roof also so I doubt the boards will be going anywhere once those arms are shut!

Could always strap his to the top in a board bag????

shift it back the deflector gets in the way if you have thules

I’d shift it back so less wind is catching the front and forcing them up. Just make sure if you have two boards base to base, the stomp pads/studs if there is any are not in the arm. It wont close or if it does will ruin the rubber on the arms.

If you have a hatch back, just be carefull opening the boot if they are pushed back. If they are right back, the tails may hit the boot/glass.

Oh snap didnt even think about the stomp pad hey LOL I am sure I would have on Friday morning. Cheers guys!