The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Happy thanksgiviner

just thought I would throw out a Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians on the site.  I had a nice little get together with a few friends last night and even cooked up my first ever 20lb turkey.  Definetly one of my fav holidays.  For those that dont celebrate being elbow deep in a turkeys butt your missing out.  Whats your fav holiday?

Michelle is putting on a Thanksgiving dinner at our place tonight. It will be my first one and I am definately looking forward to it. I’m meant to be in the kitchen helping right now… wink

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!

AW Jeremy get back into the kitchen…. He’s such a slacker!!!

Unfortunately I am unable to cook a turkey since it has to be kosher and those birds are expensive. So i’m cheating, I’m cooking the other white meat bird- chicken. i won’t say I will be elbow deep in it’s butt, but I think I might get to about mid arm…

My favorite thing about thanksgiving is the pumpkin pie, I had family send me a can of pre made pumpkin, since it’s not the same without it and I’m making a good old lemon meringue pie.

I think X’mas and thanksgiving are my favorite holidays, notice what the two have in common!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY FELLOW CANADIANS!!!!

I just snuck out of the kitchen and she hasn’t noticed… Hahahaha

rider26 - 13 October 2009 01:35 PM

I just snuck out of the kitchen and she hasn’t noticed… Hahahaha

Dang man your living on the edge… you haven’t seen the size of the carving fork yet have you.  lol

Actually Jeremy I did notice I just didn’t say anything since I was putting you too work later on with all the cleaning HA HA HA!!

The dinner went really well, except for the fact that Australia doesn’t really have corn starch and corn flour just isn’t as good, so the lemon meringue pie was a little runnier than usual

Just Giver - 14 October 2009 12:50 PM

Actually Jeremy I did notice I just didn’t say anything since I was put you too work later on with all the cleaning HA HA HA!!

The dinner went really well, except for the fact that Australia doesn’t really have corn starch and corn flour just isn’t as good, so the lemon meringue pie was a little runnier than usual

Mum had the same problem for a while and then she managed to find some in an asian gorcery store wink

Yup a few things just are not the same, but as long as you had a great night and got to visit with friends and family then its all good!