The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Advice???

Hey guys,

So I’m about to buy a libtech skate banana and right now I already have a set of Burton Imperial boots, Im just wondering, what kind of bindings should I chuck onto my new stick??

Im looking for a really responsive binding, yet a binding I can wear for 6 hours of non stop boarding and still feel great.

Cheers!

Burton: Cartels, CO2, Malavita
Union: Force, Force SL, Contact Pro
Rome: Targa

Some good choices there skip. Whats that skip should we say some more, (sorry just came to my head about skippy).

Flux TT30 or DS45.

The Rome 390 still pumps.

What!!!! Its puking pow and the chopper’s in gettin repaired!!!!

Easy descision bliss, go the FLUX DS 45’s!!!!!

And welcome to Boardworld too!!!!!!  shaka

My only problem with getting another brand other than burton is that I’m worried about the boots not fitting well with other brands.
If not I would of grabbed a pair of flux’s or union’s already haha.

Thanks mizu!

Take ya boots with ya when ya go to the shop!!!!

Should be no reason why they wouldn’t fit most current style boots anyways!!!!

Let us know what ya end up with!!!!

Hey bliss, welcome to Boardworld.  cool smile

Great suggestions so far. Mizu makes an excellent point; if you’re worried, definitely takes your boots to the store, to make sure you get a nice fit. I haven’t seen any compatibility issues with Burton boots. As long as you get the correct size bindings, you shouldn’t have any problems.

Personally, I have used Burton boots with the Flux DS45 bindings CJ mentioned. Great bindings, no issues at all with the Burton boots. I honestly don’t think you will have any issues at all with any of the bindings mentioned above.

If you’re looking for a comfortable, responsive binding, I’d look no further than the Burton CO2s or Flux DS45s. Both awesome bindings.

I have only heard that some people had trouble with union toe straps (which have changed for 2012) not fitting well with some boots. The trouble is, even if you go to a store and try them, you won’t be able to tell. The unions break in over time and the fit improves. I really like the burton get-a-grip toe straps. Ankle straps feel all the same to my foot though

For toe straps I’m a fan of Rome and Ride’s, I think they grip the toe well. As far as Union goes, I’ve demoed the 2012 forces and they grip the toe with no slippage at all, pretty responsive too. Personally I’m using 2010 Rome Targas.

Thanks guys, I’ll probably be grabbing some flux’s if i can find them in the store, if not ther CO2’s.

Boardworlds great!

No worries, bliss. Hope to see you around here more often! Cheers. smile

rather than starting a new topic thought id just post in here, in regards to a brand new board should it still be waxed before using it or will it be sweet to shred with out a wax.

all new boards should come with factory wax

i prefer to chuck on a fresh coat myself to my new board
its not much effort and doesn’t cost much

As humdingaling mentioned, all new boards should have a factory wax. However, if possible you should always give the board a wax before you first use it. Even though they were factory waxed, they have often dried out by the time they are purchased. They usually get belt waxed too; doesn’t compare to a proper hot wax by hand.

sweet cheers guys ollie

if I can I give a new board a double wax. hot wax then scrape then hot wax then scrape. but that is seriously a pain in the ass.
my last new board I rode it before waxing just because it arrived on a friday and I was at the snow the next day. No big deal. I ended up waxing it after 3 days riding.