The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boots for a newbie

Hi robrob, which dry slope do you go too?

I have just moved to the UK. I have been told that some of the dryslopes will have stores. I don’t know what they are like as I haven’t gone to one yet. With trying on heaps of boots that doesn’t always work either. You want someone to fit you that can fit well, look at your foot shape and suggest one boot straight away and have a back up boot in mind, if the first one doesn’t fit well.

Trying on too many boots can lead to bruising and a distorted view of any other boot you try on after.

yes however because i live in the south west most of the shops have swapped stock for surfing gear and products. Because snowboarding is not massive down south west they only do stock for seasonal wear. In the winter snowboarding in the summer surfing. So that is not an option right at the moment.

robrob123 - 08 July 2011 07:47 AM

got the boots on now no heel life when i lift so does the boot. There is very little movement at the heel of my foot a little but not alot at all. The reason why i am also getting boots i had rentals after 2-3 hours riding a massive blister and had to stop. i was gutted.

on the left perfect snug fit on the right my big toe is hurting a bit however that is a bit sensitive anyway because when i push my finger on it it hurts and that is without the boot .

Hey Rob, what socks are you wearing? If you get some snowboard socks, that pain might go away… I know I had that issue with the footy socks I was wearing and then when I got the snowboard socks I was in HEAVEN!. The reason is that the seams are not at the pressure points of other sock types and therefore doesn’t push the same place all the time and makes you feel a lot more comfortable.

ohh right wow thanks but i have decided to return the boots and get a pair of vans arura i think their called plus they are dual BOA which is always much better.