The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

City to Surf 2011

Is anyone else doing it? I’ve been training lately and my last run was 12km in 65mins (with traffic light stops). Pushing for 13km this week and then 14 from the week after until the actual run. Would be great if I can do 14km in 75 mins to make the top group for next year but im currently in the Panadol Rapid group.

Anyone else in it, let us know and I’ll see if I can find ya. Might have to wear the BW shirt… but then again I prefer running in singlets lol.

I’m doing it!

I used to run it every year but I haven’t done it in ages. This might be something I aim for next year. Best of luck to everyone entering.

I’m in the wrong state, but there is some guys from NSW Gridiron doing it in full equipment this year

blizzard_22 - 08 July 2011 07:15 AM

I’m in the wrong state, but there is some guys from NSW Gridiron doing it in full equipment this year

Haha, there is always a few crack ups.

This is my first time, however I have wanted to do it for years but have never been available. Last year I was in NZ boarding smile

I’m running it for my 18th year in a row (except for the year I had my knee reconstruction). That’s right, I was 8 years old for my first run! This year I’ll take it a little easier, as I’ll be over 4 months pregnant. Hopefully breeding a little runner (and snowboarder for uncle Jeremy)
Last year my hubby and I ran it in 60 something minutes. Quite confortable. Anything is possible if u can dodge the runners during the race smile
In re to training.. Personally, I enjoy running and run casually and im generally fit through sport but have never specifically trained for the event, So you should all be fine regardless of training..
All the best have fun and good luck,
From the one who will be waddling to bondi this year,
Becky smile

Cool Becky, Main problem with me is that before I started training a bit, I hadn’t run outside of sport for like 6 months… lol

If I can beat 70, I’ll be happy.

Good luck with the run with the bub.

Get him/her on a board early and Jeremy can turn them into the next Shawn White / Torah Bright smile

If i’m free that weekend I will probably win it

Run Forest, Run!!!!!!