The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Burton M6 kits

Anyone know where (preferably in Melbourne) I can get these? I’ve got some 2010 EST Cartels that I want to use with my 2011 Joystick.
Everywhere I look, the stores either do not stock them, or they’re sold out, except a couple of online retailers which want $50+ for something that is usually free with a board.

Ordering from the USA would be much cheaper, but I need the kit within three weeks, and the old USPS can’t guarantee that.

Anyone got a kit they don’t want?

excuse my noobness for anything burton* but what is an m6 kit? im assuming its something like a base plate to allow you to use est bindings an a non est board?

*for no reason other than i can, i dont like burton. got burton pants once and saw at least 30 ppl in a weekend wearing the same thing.

Yea Deano- it contains everything needed to make 2008-2010 Burton Bindings Compatible with 2011 Burton Boards Featuring The Channel

@Kozeyekan- Mate of mine had good experience with a shop in Oregon shipping here, said it was just under 2 weeks- but you’re right who knows if s**t happens along the way

I’ll PM you the site (as its non-australian)

Hey,

You can contact Burton Australia on
Phone: 61 2 9935 9000
E-Mail: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

I got mine for free

You should have received a kit with your snowboard. Call the store you bought the board from and tell them to express post the kit to you.

Otherwise, I believe they can be purchased for $19.95 in Australia. I should be able to get one sent to you for $19.95 if you’re stuck. Let me know. smile

Thanks guys.
I’ve contacted Burton via that email, no response yet, but I’ll see how that goes.
If I’ve heard nothing in a couple of days, I might have to take you up on the offer Rider26

deanobruce - 06 July 2011 03:47 AM

excuse my noobness for anything burton* but what is an m6 kit? im assuming its something like a base plate to allow you to use est bindings an a non est board?
*for no reason other than i can, i dont like burton. got burton pants once and saw at least 30 ppl in a weekend wearing the same thing.

Yeah, I’m not a big fan of their outerwear myself. I prefer Airblaster at the moment, but have used JE, 686 and some others.
Burtons bindings are fantastic though. I particularly like the ICS (Or just the channel now) system, as it means I can adjust the binding easily without removing my boot from it.

Not that I’m a Burton-ite or anything, but ignoring a brand completely is probably as bad as praising it incessantly. They do some good stuff, and some pretty ordinary stuff. I just happen to like their board and binding combination.

No worries, have you contacted the store you purchased the board from? You should have received a kit with the board.

If Rider services dont send you one, I think the store should have one available for you.

but I guess your 3 weeks have passed… did it work out?

here is a link to a very detailed experience and how- to “101” on the M6

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/1336/

Kozeyekan - 06 July 2011 07:32 AM

Thanks guys.
I’ve contacted Burton via that email, no response yet, but I’ll see how that goes.
If I’ve heard nothing in a couple of days, I might have to take you up on the offer Rider26

deanobruce - 06 July 2011 03:47 AM

Yeah, I’m not a big fan of their outerwear myself. I prefer Airblaster at the moment, but have used JE, 686 and some others.
Burtons bindings are fantastic though. I particularly like the ICS (Or just the channel now) system, as it means I can adjust the binding easily without removing my boot from it.

Not that I’m a Burton-ite or anything, but ignoring a brand completely is probably as bad as praising it incessantly. They do some good stuff, and some pretty ordinary stuff. I just happen to like their board and binding combination.

im sure they do make good gear and im not disputing that.

but for what they charge there are plenty of other brands that make things of equal or better quality and plenty that probably make inferior products.

to me burton are like the apple of the snow boarding world.

deanobruce - 08 July 2011 05:21 AM

to me burton are like the apple of the snow boarding world.

Very appropriate, especially with their ability to dictate to retail stores. Both brands have their blind eyed disciples too who will never hear a bad word against their brand, despite never trying anything else.

Spot on there.