The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

A Tribute to One of Our Own // RIP Brad Lentz

that looks wicked, almost looks like he is superimposed onto the sky due to the contrasting lighting

rider26 - 05 July 2011 01:25 AM

I love this photo…

I actually used this photo to try and convince Mrs Mizu that once armed with a DSLR, that I would be capable of getting magic shots like this!!!!

We just won’t let her know that only darb could ever get an image like that!!!!

rider26 - 05 July 2011 01:25 AM

I love this photo…

Couldn’t agree more… awesome action but the beauty of the colours!

Just want to let you guys know, there’s going to be a memorial for Brad at North Bondi on Sunday. I have been asked to let the community know. I will post more details soon.

Nancy will be released from hospital in the next 2-3 days and she is expected to make a full recovery from her physical injuries. Also their two dogs which were in the car at the time, were both unharmed.

I will be at work!!!!  downer

Will not be able to make it as in Vic, but my thoughts will be with all there.

Mizu Kuma - 05 July 2011 04:38 AM

I will be at work!!!!  downer

And of course my thoughts will also be with everyone there also, alongside K2’s!!!!

rider26 - 05 July 2011 04:34 AM

Just want to let you guys know, there’s going to be a memorial for Brad at North Bondi on Sunday. I have been asked to let the community know. I will post more details soon.

Nancy will be released from hospital in the next 2-3 days and she is expected to make a full recovery from her physical injuries. Also their two dogs which were in the car at the time, were both unharmed.

That’s really nice, unfortunately I will not be able to make it due to prior commitments. :( My thoughts will be with everyone who is there and everyone who knew and cared for Brad.

I will be on a plane.

I still can’t believe it man, it feels like yesterday I was talking to Darbs about going for a shred next year. So sad man.  downer

I just spoke to Nancy and I passed on everyone’s condolences to her. She is very thankful for all of the love and support coming from Australia. She is doing OK and the doctors said it’s a miracle she survived. Brad passed away quickly and he didn’t suffer. His funeral is on Tuesday morning in Canada.

Here are the details for his memorial service at South Bondi on Sunday.

Time: Sunday, July 10 ยท 9:00am - 12:00pm

Brad loved that spot in South Bondi. I remember one night he took Michelle and I for a walk there and he took some amazing photos of Bondi. We are always going to miss you, Brad. You inspired me all the time to be the best I can be. You will never be forgotton.

downer

It is so sad, I only knew of himm through BW but it still has shocked me. Life is precious and is way too short…

RIP Brad! My thoughts and prayers with him and his family.

That’s such sad news… RIP Brad.

Michelle and I attended a beautiful memorial for Brad on Sunday morning at South Bondi. It was held up at the point between Bondi and Tamarama, overlooking the ocean and Bondi Beach. There were whales passing by in the distance and the sun was shining for Brad. A lot people came to pay their respect to Brad and it was a very touching and emotional morning. A few phrases were read out from Brad’s blog and he basically said to cherish every day, love and enjoy the people around you, and never stop appreciating the amazement in life that surrounds you.

I didn’t take these photos but I would like to share them with you.

Looked like an awesome gathering for him!!!!!

And the Mother Nature turned it on nicely for him as well, by the looks of those pics!!!!!

cool smile