The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

dumpage…it’s not over just yet

Mon 21   (Updated 05:33am 21/09/09)
Moderate N winds increasing during the day from the NNW. Cloud increasing with widespread showers and rain developing later.       
Tue 22   Moderate to strong NW winds. Showers continuing with periods of heavy rain likely before a cooler change arrives overnight bringing some light snow/sleet to the peaks.       
Wed 23   Gale force WSW winds. Cooler day with showers and heavy rain continuing - falling as snow above around 1650-1700m. Heavy snowfalls likely above 1700m with blizzard conditions expected (15-25cm).       

Thu 24   Moderate to strong W-NW winds. Cloudy periods with the chance of some light showers at times.       

Fri 25   Strong to gale force NW winds turning SW-WSW as a cooler change arrives during the day. Showers and rain developing ahead of a cool change which will see snow falling above around 1400m in the afternoon and lowering to around 1100m overnight - blizzard conditions likely(15-25cm)       
Sat 26   Strong SW-SSW winds. Widespread snowfalls to around 900m with blizzard conditions likely (15-30cm).       
Sun 27   Strong SW-SSW winds. Snowfalls continuing above around 1300m during the day and rising to around 1600m overnight (5-15cm). 

SOURCE - Snowatch (the frog)

so who’s in?

Hell yes, we are working our backsides off at work to finish our end of season stuff off today so we can lock the door and ride tomorrow.

I reckon it pissed with rain last night and Buller will probably be pretty much done today.  Dunno if that snow will help much, might be worth a trip on Sunday possibly, will keep my eye on it.

I’m all smiles for you guys (and girls).

tuesday/wednesday at falls smile

I really dunno about the snowatch report, I keep an eye on a fair few websites and that report seems to be very vague by virtue of being “Vic and NSW general report”.  Mountainwatch is telling a very different story, over 50mm of rain at hotham and buller on friday and much more conservative estimates of snow fall on Wednesday in the 4cm region with maybe 10 on Saturday and again on Sunday.  Snowatch is saying heavy falls in the region of 20cm in vic, based on past experience I’m taking that with a grain of salt.  I hope it’s true, I could do with another trip up to take my mind off a few things that have happened this week.

Just when I put on the summer wax and ski racks away. A trip to falls mid-week looks to be the goods!

This dump should be great for some Spring backcountry riding.

Hmm yeah from the ski cams, buller looks just about done… :(

I believe Falls is the only operating Vic resort. In NSW Blue Cow is closed don’t know about Guthega. Thredbo rumors are that they are keeping everything that is still running open in the hope of the dump of the season - closed lifts are: Easy Rider at Merritts, and Sponars. So given it comes off everyone should head for Mt Perisher wink

Falls is said to open until the end of the school holidays i think. All the other VIC resorts are closing off this weekend i think :(

Cams look great this morning.Buller seems to have done well,with on mountain temps as low as they are i reckon the snow quality will be some of the best this season.
Stirling day trip for me tommorrow.

WOOOHOOO buller is reporting 45cms of freshies. I might be doing a day trip to get a last shred for the season tomorrow :D:D:D:D

Will definitely be there, might see ya round GPL.

Going to do Buller on Monday. Should be hardly any crowds on the 3 lifts they are running.

3 lifts….. i thought there would be still the 7 lifts running. Just saw on their site. Anyways, which three lifts do you reckon they’ll be running?
wombat, holden and what else?
EDIT: do you reckon it’ll be wombat, holden and blue bullet?