The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

SNOW

tjswish - 24 June 2011 12:43 AM
fatima4u - 24 June 2011 12:36 AM

i was looking at the snow report 2day n it said there was a 70cm snow base is this true??

Not a chance… 10-20cm tops… It’s just the resorts milking it for all it’s worth…

yea i thought so, couldnt believe that auss has had already that much snow

I read reports that say the snow depth of 71.7cm is from Snowy Hydro and that was measured at Spencers Creek.

Just take one look at Friday Flat and that will tell a different story.

blizzard_22 - 24 June 2011 03:07 AM

I read reports that say the snow depth of 71.7cm is from Snowy Hydro and that was measured at Spencers Creek.

Just take one look at Friday Flat and that will tell a different story.

Take a look at My and Spaz’s video from where he dug himself out. That was down a hill and it was still below his knees. There might be a shitload in a whole that is created specifically to make these numbers look good.

I need to ask everyone a question!!! I have never been to Selwyn before and was thinking of taking an absolute beginner there tomorrow. Can you tell me if you can access the Township Triple Chair from the beginner runs?

From the map, it looks like you can get off the chair and go down the green run, but Im worried about getting back to the chair at the bottom.

HELP!

I’m not too sure, Bliz. Maybe ask on their Facebook page? http://www.facebook.com/selwynsnowfields

Tried, nothing yet. :-(

blizzard_22 - 24 June 2011 07:16 AM

I need to ask everyone a question!!! I have never been to Selwyn before and was thinking of taking an absolute beginner there tomorrow. Can you tell me if you can access the Township Triple Chair from the beginner runs?

From the map, it looks like you can get off the chair and go down the green run, but Im worried about getting back to the chair at the bottom.

HELP!

Does selwyn have enough snow to board on yet?

Their facebook says they are open 100% tomorrow. Looks way better than Friday Flat. I prefer Thredbo but will go to Selwyn for better snow.

Who’s heading to the snow this weekend?

I need to get down there soon!

Monday, then Thursday for 6 days!! Still up in the air Monday tho… If it’s going to rain, I’m not going!

was thinking of this weekend but gotta pick a mate up from the airport.

hopefully the weekend after for a day

Billy - 30 June 2011 04:18 AM

Monday, then Thursday for 6 days!! Still up in the air Monday tho… If it’s going to rain, I’m not going!

atm the weather this week is ment to get snowy and a bit windy, hoping for the best for you billy!!

Next week is going to be torture! (because I wont be there)

I will have a man at ground zero and hope the updates come in (including photos and video) but my sanity will continue to be spasmodic.

blizzard_22 - 24 June 2011 08:37 AM

Their facebook says they are open 100% tomorrow. Looks way better than Friday Flat. I prefer Thredbo but will go to Selwyn for better snow.

As far as I understand all of Selwyn is a beginners area. I haven’t been there but no one has ever refuted it.

The biggest hill is no harder than front valley.

But they have a park and their lift tickets are a fraction of the cost of Perisher and Thredders.

They claim there is a blue run but it is lucky to be classed as a hard green….