The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Which goggles?

Great choices. You will be happy.  cool smile

I’m in the market for new goggles too. A dude yesterday was trying to sell me the Smith Heiress (Womens specific as I have a small face). He was banging on about the Porex filter that it has. a
He said that other brands that have tried to do this have done so unsuccessfully as theirs always gets fogged between then lenses
(or something). Has anyone had experience with this?

The other ones I was looking at were Spy; any thoughts on them?

The Heiress is a good goggle.

Worth looking at: Dragon DXS, Oakley Stockholm, Von Zipper Chakra.

Most importantly, the goggles need to be very comfortable on your face. Try on a range of goggles and see what feels best. All the leading brands make good goggles so you don’t need to worry about quality from brand to brand.

Every smith I have seen has been average at best. My mate bought a $300 pair and they were fogged by the end of the first day. My Electrics and Oakleys and Dragons have gone weeks (min) and still no fog.

Does anyone else on here have any experience with wearing there prescription glasses underneath the goggles?? a guy at the local ski shop said to get contacts but i aint never had contacts and dont know if i could be effed mucking around with them, so basically does any one know if there are any good goggles that will fit over my specks. hard question to answer i know?

well, remember that any goggle will fog if you let it.

I have had great success with the pair of Dragon Rogues I won here. I’ve always had an image of Dragon as being cheap because their t-shirts always have fruit of the loom tags, but I was pleasantly surprised with the goggles. The nose bit didn’t fit very well, but since I always wear a facemask it’s a non-issue.

Anon Figments have always done well for me too. I think I have 3 pairs on rotation at all times (each with different lenses for different conditions).

The Airblaster goggles have a really good rep. I really want to try their Baker lens.

Sukah, there are goggles that will fit over glasses. You need to get to a store and try them. Electric EG2’s are huge so they might fit. Also try ski shops for ski brands (you may have to sacrifice style for comfort)

yeah sweet, i was sought of guessing so i have a mad pair of dragon mx goggles that fit over my melon and specks only problem is the strapped is super stretched from my helmet plus they aint tinted

Hey Sukah, yeah there are specific goggles for wearing over glasses.

Check out the Smith Knowledge OTG. They are big and have bits cut out to accommodate the arms on your glasses. They even have a built-in electric fan for keeping your glasses fog free.

AWESOME!! CHEERS BRO! ill have to check em.

tjswish - 22 February 2011 05:45 AM

Luckily, the little lady picked me up a pair of Rogues on Whiskeymilitia for super cheap. Haven’t tried them yet, but am looking forward to it.

I love Whiskey Militia but feel a bit bad not supporting the local stores. How can you turn down $50 for a pair of goggles that retail for $150+ in Australia :(

i have the whiskey militia app(thats not the word im looking for but its the closest to what i want) on my desktop on my work comp and it pops up whenever a new item comes on.

i just missed out on getting a $350 nomis jacket for $20 a few months ago.

the thing that f*#ked me over was i got my paypal password wrong, and as there was only 4, by the time i logged in they were gone.

I was furious…

I wear prescription glasses and wear Electric EG2 goggles. They still fit fine over the glasses even though maybe not as well fit as an actual OTG goggle.

deanobruce - 29 June 2011 06:48 AM
tjswish - 22 February 2011 05:45 AM

Luckily, the little lady picked me up a pair of Rogues on Whiskeymilitia for super cheap. Haven’t tried them yet, but am looking forward to it.

I love Whiskey Militia but feel a bit bad not supporting the local stores. How can you turn down $50 for a pair of goggles that retail for $150+ in Australia :(

i have the whiskey militia app(thats not the word im looking for but its the closest to what i want) on my desktop on my work comp and it pops up whenever a new item comes on.

i just missed out on getting a $350 nomis jacket for $20 a few months ago.

the thing that f*#ked me over was i got my paypal password wrong, and as there was only 4, by the time i logged in they were gone.

I was furious…

Saw a Signal OG Snowboard for $180 (retails $900 in AUS :O) sold before I could get on it…

I wear Oakley A Frames (wintermint splatter, so pretty!) and I love em. So comfortable, with or without a helmet and have not fogged once!

Sukah - 29 June 2011 06:30 AM

Does anyone else on here have any experience with wearing there prescription glasses underneath the goggles?? a guy at the local ski shop said to get contacts but i aint never had contacts and dont know if i could be effed mucking around with them, so basically does any one know if there are any good goggles that will fit over my specks. hard question to answer i know?

Hey Sukah,

I was in a similar situation to you, but now I predominantly where contacts.

On occasion I’ve had to wear my glasses under my goggles (I forgot to pack them in my bags to the snow :( )
I must say I’ve never had any major issues with glasses as some have previously mentioned, the EG2 is massive!
It really depends on the style of your glasses too, you may have more problems if your glasses have thick frames or wide arms.
If they’re relatively thin I don’t envisage there being too many dramas…

If you intend on wearing glasses predominantly rather than getting contacts, goggles designed specifically for glasses may be the go. However, just pop into your local store and try them over your glasses to see how they fit..