The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

LCD screen for GoPro

hey i was in the shops the other day and i saw a LCD screen that can be placed on the back of a gopro. has any1 used 1 of these yet??? was thinking of getting 1 so i can take some stills with it but wanna no if there any good first….

Probably as good as the camera.

I would wait. The current set up of GoPro has been around for years and they are going to need something new soon.
The market of HeadCams has been stale for 6months (a very long time).

Hey yeah, I got one awhile back.

To be honest I have not played with it that much yet.

From the little messing around I have done, it is awesome like the go pro.
Great little attachment.

Hi Fatima4u,

We’ve used the LCD screens lots and they’re great for immediate viewing and knowing you’re capturing the angle you want.

If you get one though, be sure to update the firmware on your camera. See our link here if you want to know how to go about the upgrade and want to read about some features of the screen. the upgrade notes are in pink writing at the bottom of the page

http://www.sportscamera.com.au/gopro-lcd-bacpac-p-458.html

thanks guys might look into it a bit more!!

I think the battery life might get sucked up significantly quicker with the LCD screen on the back…would I be correct?

Yeah, that’s what I was thinkin also cords!!!!! For video footage, I think that once ya have recorded it the screen is just to review it when ya too impatient to wait and see the footage later!!!!!

For stills I just use my phone of pocket digital!!!!

Personally I would rather spend those $$$ on another SD card though!!!!!

Spare batteries aren’t that dear if it’s a must have!!!!!

@cords, you are correct about the extra battery useage mate - but it of course depends how much you use the backscreen. You can turn it off while using the cam if you want - it depends how much you actually need it on. If you just want to line your main shot up and check it every now and then , well it won’t use much extra. some quick checking and deletions of files you don’t want to free up sd card space while you’re out on the slopes/trails may not take long either.

As Mizu said, a spare battery isn’t that much https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/newreply/2602/ considering how handy they are (and always handy to have a charged spare anyway)

yea i got a spare battery wen i bought my gopro… i pretty much just wanna use it so i can see when im taking stills, love using the gopro 4 stills the fish eye works really good

yeah i agree with Spaz.
and does it come with another case or something that is either there for bump/scratch protection, or even waterproof?

DannyB - 29 June 2011 06:49 AM

yeah i agree with Spaz.
and does it come with another case or something that is either there for bump/scratch protection, or even waterproof?

yea it comes with a waterproof case around it all u jus clip it onto ur existing case that has the camera in it… u can see it all on the website

a friend has the lcd back and he loves it. It turns the gopro into a digital camera that you can use anytime around the house, whatever. My gopro has been sitting in a drawer since the end of the NoHe season so it would be good to have (but I have too many other cameras)

So it’s around $350-$400 to get a GoPro that’s waterproof with LCD and 4GB SDHC.

pass

yeah, but most of us have gopros already, so it’s not such a big deal to get the extra screen.

Face it Spaz, gopros not only look cool, but have better footage than the vio or contour!

I keep trying to face it and the echo of my contact (at vio) who’s advice to get a GoPro keeps haunting me.

It just doesn’t make sense now the the POV.HD is out given that the SD version is better than GoPro to begin with.

hmmm  Look cool question better footage question

You must be as blind as me Gamblor wink

LOL nice avatar spaz!!!