The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

WHAT DO YA STICK YA HOOFS INTO????

2010 Burton Women’s Progression.
Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be getting that much riding in this season because they hurt like holy hell to wear for more than an hour (don’t think the Morton’s neuroma helps..)

Burton Rulers 2011- so comfy love the lace system too awesome.

amyfadime - 18 June 2011 05:15 PM

Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be getting that much riding in this season because they hurt like holy hell to wear for more than an hour (don’t think the Morton’s neuroma helps..)

Hey Amy,

Where did you buy them from? You should take them back to the store to see if they can do any adjustments. Have you tried heat molding the boots?

rider26 - 20 June 2011 01:26 AM
amyfadime - 18 June 2011 05:15 PM

Hey Amy,

Where did you buy them from? You should take them back to the store to see if they can do any adjustments. Have you tried heat molding the boots?

Switch in Newcastle, I’m currently in Canberra (on my way to smiggs) so I’m going to have to deal with them.
No I havent, can I get that done at the Perisher terminal?

Not sure about the Perisher terminal. They might have the equipment to do it. Your best bet would be Jindabyne or Cooma if you’re passing through. Just go to a store that carries Burton and show them your receipt (if they think you purchased the boots from overseas they might not help you). Explain your situation and hopefully they will heat mold it for you in the store. Usually this is something that needs to be done at the store of purchase but if you explain your situation I’m sure they will help you.

Even if you have to shell out an extra 20 - 50 bucks, it will make your riding time a much much more enjoyable experience and is totally worth it!

Got the Burton SLX this year. Best boots on the market IMO. So comfy and slimline, i’ve found my self driving home in them a couple of times.

AJ2theC - 22 June 2011 05:58 AM

Got the Burton SLX this year. Best boots on the market IMO. So comfy and slimline, i’ve found my self driving home in them a couple of times.

I tried them on a couple months ago, WOW they were amazingly comfortable boots. Having said that, I’m broke, and the price tag is just too high to justify them. I don’t ride often enough, either.

Maybe I should look for a lightly used pair or demo pair or something like that.

what is the rrp?

my f20’s are by far the best boots i ahve ever worn/tried on. so damn comfy, have worn them for 10 hours straight and not felt one bit of discomfort

deanobruce - 23 June 2011 10:55 PM

what is the rrp?

About 500 del from OS, silly money here.

On the downside, I’ve read they wear quickly. I had the SL9s and they fell apart pretty quick :(

oh ok fair enough, i could imagine what they would be here then!

AJ2theC - 24 June 2011 02:16 AM
deanobruce - 23 June 2011 10:55 PM

what is the rrp?

About 500 del from OS, silly money here.

On the downside, I’ve read they wear quickly. I had the SL9s and they fell apart pretty quick :(

So far I’ve put 200+ days of riding into my SLXs. Granted I don’t think they will last too much longer but they’ve held up great. I replaced the Speedzone laces maybe 80 days of riding ago. The sole is starting to wear quite a bit, but honestly they have been the best and longest lasting boots I’ve ever owned. Besides for the original laces fraying and the sole wearing near the heel, there is almost no sign of the boots falling apart.

Just grabbed a pair of Burton Grails from OS for $265 delivered.  RRP in AU - $549… and they wonder why people shop online.

rider26 - 22 May 2011 07:17 PM

Currently wearing 2009 Burton SLX boots. I’ve had a few pairs of good boots in the past but these are the best boots I’ve ever owned. They work perfectly for my foot shape, awesome heel hold and fit around the ankle. I love the flex pattern; it’s absolutely perfect for my riding style. Great liners, articulating cuff, Speed Zone lacing, add in custom footbeds and they are just awesome boots (been going strong for two full season now).

How many days do you think you’ve now got out of those boots Jeremy? Are you thinking of buying some new boots (SLX or otherwise) or are they still doing the job fine?

i have had a mixed history with boots over the years, but the newer boots have changed the game a lot.

1st pair -  late 90’s burton freestyles - fitted by balmoral, all i could afford at the time paid 300 discounted from 450, good in store, hurt like hell 1st day riding and every consecutive day till i got rid of them 2 or 3 years later (probably 20 days total riding)

2nd pair -DC 2002?(first model with BOA) and pump system - sold by Shane @ Cherri Pow after discussing how much pain i got from burtons he suggested pump system would help eliminate that paid $500 discounted from $650 great in store, great first 2 days, then developed bruising and debilitating splint feeling in ankles/shins. Shane kind of unhappily agreed to let me return them as long as i chose another boot from the store, no refund but just exchanged for…

3rd pair - 2003 32 Prion sensational lace up boot, lightweight and comfortable exchanged for dc at cherri pow. i loved these boots, so light, almost apre boot comfort.
wore these until after first trip to japan in 2006 and sohe season 06 and still have them somewhere. they still look like new but just lost all support after maybe 100 days riding aver 5 seasons.

Prior to getting the next boot i had some custom orthotics made up which i have run in every boot since.

4th pair - 2006/7 Burton ion - Bought from ebay in USA for very cheap, i think i paid $200 or something, but it was after our season had ended, sold them unused (other than walking around the house for $350 early january 07 as i had the opportunity to get my…

5th pair - 2008 Burton Ion prototype  - from burton contact in USA, paid $300 for them…these boots were the bomb, slightly redesigned outer over the 06/7 and speedzone gen 2. comfortable beyond belief from day 1, rode these till they fell apart at the end of the 09 season. just got super sloppy and wearing down on the exterior surfaces… still in the garage
rode 07,08 +japan ,09 at least 100 days in these babies.

6th pair - 2009 burton SLX - got these fitted by Alex/Mike at First Tracks jindy, wanted the new ions but they changed the fit slightly so i had to up the ante somewhat. there was 2 days to go in the season and i went in and replaced my ions knowing i was going o/s in december to japan. i figured it was worth it to get the wear in process started. paid $625 from $799.
the Slx is the best boot i have ever tried on and ridden in, super comfortable and has never once given ANY kind of boot pain! it’s just so comfortable all day long, easy to get in and out of and great on hard landings. the articulating cuff is great for walking comfort too. wont be replacing these till they die…hope they dont change the design again anytime.
rode 09,10 + japan 24days, 10 days so far this season. (52 days)

I have bought online, but bootfitting is an art, having the right foot for a boot off the shelf is very rare. i got lucky.
The one thing you cannot sacrifice is the comfort of the part of your body that connects you to the board, it ruins your day when your boots let you down…so why risk missing out on full enjoyment while riding (which costs a lot) to save a few hundred bucks?

good boots fitted well should last for years.