The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Die-cut Stickers

Mizu Kuma - 17 June 2011 05:43 AM

dragon’s got the concept down pat!!!!!

I can just imagine the air bubbles when ya put that sucker on though!!!!!  shut eye

When you apply the sticker, spray the surface with a really light spray of soapy water (1 drop of dishwashing liquid / 500ml water)

gives you a bit of movement and you can squeegee out bubbles easier.

Yeah, but in Black Vinyl Azz!!!!!!  shaka

Azz - 17 June 2011 08:42 AM
K2_SnatchCrewSader - 17 June 2011 04:36 AM

???

Just the white parts of that would look sick on my silver ute !!!!!!!!

that’s what I’d like is just he white bits. Black would look better on ur silver tailgate I rekon azz

40cm for my rear side window.
Include logo - the logo rocks. I would consider cutting off out the Boardworld and just use the logo across the top of my back window if it was massive.
White letters and logo.

Consider designing it as a sunshade for front windows. Legally you can cover 10% of your front window for this purpose - on my small windowed car it is about 7cm but I currently have a snowatch sticker there that is 20cm and nothing has ever been said.

Sticker application tip by spaz;
Spray surface lightly with window cleaner first, apply sticker (it wont stick but will hold) adjust sticker by sliding it, then squeegee out the window cleaner and wait for it to all evaporate, then the glue will grab and viola! perfectly placed, no air bubbles.

(I actually got the tip from helping a sign writer apply vinyl to plastic sheeting) Don’t over use the windex and try to get it in the right spot first go.

Use a credit card as well!!!!! Or a rubber squeegee if ya got one!!!!!

I started editing my post but forgot what I was going to write.

Spot on Mizu!!!!!! You can scratch the surface off some stickers like I did to my Skull Candy one.

Princess Mizu - 17 June 2011 05:57 AM

Or this????

hmmm

Definitely want the peaks, would look awesome across the back window. Much better than those stupid ‘UNIT’ stickers

dooo ittt… logo would look radd [=