The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Vancouver Riots 2011

Thought I would share a few videos of the riots from last night.  I am going to try and get some photos today of the aftermath and clean up.

This last one after the car is set on fire is when the big turning point happened after this countless other fires lit and I watched live footage of 2 police cars get burnt.

I already posted this in the Canucks thread, but then I saw this one.

Someone’s set up a Tumblr page, where people are sending in pics they took of the rioters and looters to form a database of sorts:

http://vancityriotcriminals.tumblr.com/

What the hell!!! someone’s not happy….

Nice avatar to darb!!! WORD…..  LOL

wow this is some crazy stuff!

my mate who lives in van, was saying its crazy. the riots were like 2 blocks from his house. was getting kinda scared,

Is this all cause they lost the hockey game?!

Yeah it appears so. It’s such a shame; Vancouver is such a beautiful city and the people are so nice. Apparently there were a lot of ‘out-of-towners’ in the mob and just looking to cause trouble. Either way it’s really sad it happened. I hope they charge a lot those involved.

rider26 - 17 June 2011 03:19 AM

Yeah it appears so. It’s such a shame; Vancouver is such a beautiful city and the people are so nice. Apparently there were a lot of ‘out-of-towners’ in the mob and just looking to cause trouble. Either way it’s really sad it happened. I hope they charge a lot those involved.

Agreed agreed agreed… what a bunch of dickheads, it is just a game after all!!

Sorry if this causes offence to anyone!

As serious as this is, I just can’t stop laughin at darb’s avatar!!!!!!

He looks as though he is the organizer of the riots!!!!!

The riots really had nothing to do with hockey, groups of idiots looking for a reason to loot. There are actually little pricks out there advertising on Facebook stuff they stole and even saying it still has security tags!

If I start a riot you better believe national guard will be called in.
Better recognize foo

darb - 17 June 2011 05:02 AM

Better recognize foo

LOL

The riots really had nothing to do with hockey, groups of idiots looking for a reason to loot. There are actually little pricks out there advertising on Facebook stuff they stole and even saying it still has security tags!

Better recognize foo

snowdragon - 17 June 2011 05:24 AM

Better recognize foo

Hahahahahahaaa!!!!

I piddy da fool dat messes wid darb!!!!! Sukka!!!!

they def take there hockey seriously