The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

My 1st time - I’m hooked

golfpunklegend - 23 August 2009 01:01 AM
nic - 22 August 2009 10:12 PM

Drivign a shorter distance is better than a long distance

thank you captain obvious raspberry
you’re just flaunting your driving time to buller

I added it to the best quotes topic.. smile

I busted my snow hymen last month and have to say that I fall under this topic too.

After 33 years of not ever riding a mountain, but have been in snow countless times during travels, I hit Queenstown’s (also first time to NZ) Remarks and Coronet Peak.

Boy….have I missed out on 20+ years of my life.

Im planning on making up for lost time next year. Glenshee, Banff and Chamonix!

Awesome, welcome to Boardworld and snowboarding! Now you’re hooked and you’re doing the right thing… ride as much as possible! cheese

Thats awesome to hear Pastor, congrats!! I wish I got into snowboarding when I was younger too. Like you said, just have to make up for lost time.

I began when I was 22, that was in 1997 - do the math = I’m 34.
Past of Mup, when you’re a little older (and not 18-20 anymore) you recover a bit slower and need to take it easy at times.

All you youngins - enjoy your youth while you can.
Injuries and setbacks mean more when you get older. It means time off work and no pay, it might mean medical bills.
I guess getting old and having a baby slows you down even more apparently.

Ahaha. I will try my best to enjoy my youth. I’ll try to smash some slopes hopefully before the snow gets washed away

Pastor of Muppets - 08 September 2009 11:47 PM

I busted my snow hymen last month

LOL, snow hymen. Though I must say that when you nail those smooth arcing powder carves is very much like making sweet sweet love to the mountain.

Thanks for the welcome.

There wasnt much making sweet sweet love to the mountain by me…at times it felt like the mountain was raping me! lol

Hahaha, this thread is hilarious. Not that I approve of mountain initiating non-consensual coitus with beginner snowboarders.

Pastor of Muppets - 09 September 2009 07:51 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

There wasnt much making sweet sweet love to the mountain by me…at times it felt like the mountain was raping me! lol

Mmmm i know that feeling…. my coccyx was put out of place in my initial stages of boarding.

Yeah I always fell at the bottom of the run where the snow was its most iciest! 9 times out of 10 on my butt.

I had to go and check the ol’ thermals were still white after a couple of nasty falls.

Im devastated I have to wait 5 months before I can board again.