The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

motor biike..

sooo.. anyone ride?

im planning on getting my motor bike license.. i hear its pretty maaadd ridiing. haaha..

Too many dickheads on the road these days!!!!! Gotta watch em when ya on a cycle!!!!!!

nyteskye - 09 June 2011 08:53 AM

sooo.. anyone ride?

im planning on getting my motor bike license.. i hear its pretty maaadd ridiing. haaha..

Yep, I’ve got 5 months left till my full license. Bike is currently a ZZR250 (pretty shit condition) currently looking to upgrade.

It’s great fun but you shouldn’t really rely on it as your only form of transport like I do as it ends up getting you soaked / burnt / annoyed at dickheads on the roads… Main points I should give you.
1. Buy a good comfortable helmet (not Ebay)
2. Buy a newer bike. Be prepared to pay 4000-6000 for a good 250 - CBR250R - $5999 new or 2003 - Kawasaki Ninja 250
3. Stick with good Jap brands till you know what you like: Kawasaki / Honda / Yamaha / Suzuki. They are cheaper to buy / run / repair.
4. Learn to ride well before you go crazy on the bike. Even after 13 months of pretty solid riding, I have times where it doesn’t feel too safe. Take your time, cars can wait for you.
5. A 250 is find to start on. Even on a 250, I can get to 130ish and can out drag SS commys and have beat a Porsche before smile.
6. A 150 will make it to 105KM/h before you can’t go any faster. I have yet to clock out my 250 (pushed it to 130 but I don’t feel like losing my license…

TJ

thanks for the tj good advice

yea i have a car license already..
im looking at getting the new kawasaki ninja 250 $6k brand new.. and keep that till im off my Ps in a year
yeah looking at a shoei helmet or kbc… expensive.. but i know its the besst.. and thats whats important..
and leathers from alpinestars =D

Yea I got a Shark helmet. They are good if you have a weird shaped head apparently raspberry

I just got a mesh Ixon jacket and Kevlar Jeans from Draggin. Good stuff.

The ninja is good, my ZZR is like the old version of it with twin exhausts… Check out that new Honda CBR250R. Its the same price as the ninja but is Fuel injected rather than carby and you can get the ABS option which is recommended.  (+ I like the look better)

Good points from TJ!!!!!

A good Quality Helmet is #1 priority!!!!!

Have ya ever ridden a bike at all nyte????

If not, then if I were you I would get a Road/Trail and learn what the bike can/can’t do when ya not in peak hour, in the dirt, before ya hit the bitumen!!!!!

When ya do, like TJ says, take ya time!!!!! Don’t let the other idiots on the road dictate to ya, but keep an eye on everyone!!!!! When ya do battle with a 2 ton chunk of steel you will come out the loser!!!!!

yeaaah mate said just gota try all styles of helmets and see which fits best..

ahh niice.. [=.. well maybe when i get my bike we can go for a riide haha..

ahh yeah… im reading mixed reviews about the cbr250r.. like as it takes longer to get to top speed and accelerate.. but it is good at stop starts.. and the ninja has better top speed and all that.. so im tossing up between the two >< hard decision..
plus id change the exhaust as soon as possible..

nyteskye - 09 June 2011 09:34 AM

ahh yeah… im reading mixed reviews about the cbr250r.. like as it takes longer to get to top speed and accelerate.. but it is good at stop starts.. and the ninja has better top speed and all that.. so im tossing up between the two >< hard decision..

Ninja does have a better top speed… but not by much and you can only go 90 on Red P’s anyway (legally)

If you got the CBR definitely throw a Yoshi on there smile

naah never ridden a bike before.. yeah ill take it slow for sure..
i wana build up my basic skill before i go on main roads.. been told to practice turning and all that in empty car parks and or quiet roads to practice before going out in the real world..

tjswish - 09 June 2011 09:36 AM

Ninja does have a better top speed… but not by much and you can only go 90 on Red P’s anyway (legally)

yeaaah i heard the yoshi pipes are good… full system or just the slip on??

id be cruising with others.. u rekon the cbr250r can do at least 100 or 110? haha

Get a cheap dirt bike first dude!!!!! It will save ya a lot of skin in the long run!!!!!

Even if ya do 6mths on a traily it will be well worth it!!!!!

nyteskye - 09 June 2011 09:39 AM
tjswish - 09 June 2011 09:36 AM

yeaaah i heard the yoshi pipes are good… full system or just the slip on??

id be cruising with others.. u rekon the cbr250r can do at least 100 or 110? haha

my ZZR250 can do 130 without going near the max… the CBR250R is 17 years newer with a better system and the same powered engine… i’m sure it could pull 140ish if you really wanted to lol.

Mizu Kuma - 09 June 2011 09:39 AM

Get a cheap dirt bike first dude!!!!! It will save ya a lot of skin in the long run!!!!!

I never rode a dirt bike in my life… its not that hard to go straight to a roady, just make sure to do lots of practice before tackling the streets.

If you get a bike, I’ll try to find some time to ride over and give you some tips raspberry

hmmm but the redline of the cbr250r is like 10k ... i know the ninjas redline at like 15 or sumthing isnt it? and the new cbr is single cylinder only..

where bouts you from tj?

tjswish - 09 June 2011 09:44 AM
Mizu Kuma - 09 June 2011 09:39 AM

I never rode a dirt bike in my life… its not that hard to go straight to a roady, just make sure to do lots of practice before tackling the streets.

If you get a bike, I’ll try to find some time to ride over and give you some tips raspberry

I’ve ridden anythin and everthin from a Z50 to a Rocket III, and startin off on a dirt bike would be the best way to “understand” the workins of a bike!!!!!

If nyte has got the time, then it WILL be well worth the effort!!!!!

ill be doing the classes to practice anyway.. and gonna join a bike forum http://www.netrider.net.au they have classes at oly park for beginners to teach basics n stuff [=

haha.. was that sarcasm mizu?