The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Hire new or demo boards?

Hi guys

First off, great forum. I’m only new to snowboarding and I find I come here for alot of information. Can’t wait to see it grow more.

I’m planning on going boarding again next weekend. I only need to hire a board and was wondering if anyone can give me suggestions.

I’m in sydney and have only tasted the snowboards from rebel with my hand full of trips to the snow. Can anyone recomend me where to hire demo boards or newer designed boards for my trip to perisher for next weekend (12-13/09/09). I was hoping to try out rocker style boards and/or magnatraction boards before investing in one for the off season. Just free riding all mountain for me.

Thanks fellas.

Check us out at STM Bondi. We have a large rental fleet includng many top end high performace snowboards. Our prices are cheaper than you would get down at the snow and we don’t charge you for your travel days. You also get a board bag free of charge. Mention Boardworld and we will give you a further discount.

426 Oxford St
Bondi Junction
9386 0430
http://www.stmonline.com.au

Sounds like STMs the way to go. I was gonna recommend “Rythm” in Cooma, but Jez’s deal sounds better

Hey Andy, welcome to Boardworld. smile

As far as I know, the best stores for rental snowboards where you will be travelling are…

Sydney - STM

Cooma - Rhythm

Jindabyne - ESS, Time2Ride

If you have the option and money to buy your own board that is always the best option, but while renting (hiring) the boards each time you go, try different things out each time. A soft board or a stiff board. A reverse camber board. A longer or shorter board etc. Try out all the different features and then when you do buy one, you will know what you like and dislike.

Have a good time riding and keep coming back to boardworld.

Quite a few stores will give you your demo rental cost back if you end up buying a new board from them. It’s an excellent way to demo a few boards you want to try before you buy.

Thanks for the info guys. I am definately trying out different things each time. That’s why i want to try some new boards before buying. I’ll visit STM bondi during the week and go from there. But this getting cost of a demo board back if i buy from them is a very interesting proposition. We’ll see how I go this coming weekend.