The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What new gear have you got for this season (2011)?

tracvks - 08 June 2011 02:17 AM

nice tjswish, what pants are they?

Jacket - Red - Large - Volcom Shoreditch Jacket

Pants - Blackout - Large - Foursquare Zino Pant

EDIT: Link to overseas store removed. (rider26)

I know its a forum rule to not post international online shops. However this is a forum about snowboarding and online shopping is a part of it like it or not. Ultimately we want more people to get into the sport. High prices are just going to detour people imo. So why not show cheaper options?

The retail stores in Australia supported Boardworld from day one and still do to this day. One of the reasons we started Boardworld was to support the local industry and do what we can to combat the grey market. While you are all free to make whatever decisions you wish, we don’t want to support overseas online stores though this website (links to online stores in Australia is fine). It’s a tough stance, I know, but one I feel we have to make. I hope you understand where we’re coming from.

Bad TJ, Bad Boy!!!!!  angry

I got me a brand spankin’ new Burton NUG to play with. smile

NUG NUG!
would love to hear a review on it once you have had a play chucky ollie

Yep, sounds good.

Last season for the first time I’d ever owned a rockered board - but even then, it was in my usual size range (158-164). So this is a HUGE change for me. I hear there’s a very good chance I’ll be over the bars a bit until I get used to it, and there’s also the likelihood I’ll slip out when buttering until I get used to the tip/tail length. (from some other people’s reported experiences) Generally though, people rave about these little suckers!

It’s all fun and games. smile

What length did you get?

I know, I chickened out a bit. I won’t get the full benefits of the NUG - but I think it’s a much beter fit for my size and style of riding.

I actually won a NUG in a competition, and picked it up from Burton HQ this morning. Thing is, they told me they’d almost completely run out, and only had one NUG left in the whole warehouse (besides their demos) - a 2012 146 NUG Restricted.

Anyway, I hadn’t been to Burton HQ for a few years and don’t often get over that side of town anymore - so I took the opportunity to visit an old mate I hadn’t seen in ages. Serendipitously, he had a brand new 2011 150 and wanted a 146, so we traded. I realise it may seem silly to some that I traded a 2012 Restricted model for a standard 2011 model, but the ride matters more to me.

Besides, my bindings will look soooooo much prettier on this one - and that’s what really matters, right? wink

haha all bout the pretty.

If it rides more like you want, then good you swapped. Either way a free board is awesome! I’d know, both mine are freebies from last season cool grin

Is there any differences from 2011 to 2012? Sorry, I should just look it up myself, but im lazy. And whats Restricted?

Restricted’s no big deal really. It just means that only the retailers Burton rates as “premium” are allowed to sell them - so they’re a bit harder to get hold of.

As far as I can see, the “Squeezebox” core structure is a lot more pronounced in all Burton’s 2012 models that are using it (you can really see it when you look down the sidewall on the 2012 models - it looks wobbly!). As far as the 2012 NUG goes, there’ll be womens’ models and even directional models with 5mm of taper - I like the sound of those!

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 08 June 2011 10:03 AM

If it rides more like you want, then good you swapped.

Yup. I’m comfortable freeriding anywhere because that’s all I’ve been doing for the last 18 years - but I suck in the the park for basically the same reason (all I ever do is freeride). I’m hoping a short rockered board that’s as stable as my preferred length boards, but without the actual length to haul around and minus the swing weight, will encourage me to mix it up a bit (spinning, buttering). I’ll still avoid boxes/rails though - I love my sharp edges too much.

nothing…  rolleyes

well.. I do have some 2011 Burton Hail restricted boots which have a handful of days on them. Other than that everything else is from Canada. May have a new board on the way but will wait out a bit before buying anything.

Went and picked up my new board yesterday, got a catalyst 158 twin TV.  Got it made with camber between the feet and rockered from the feet to the ends, looks like it should be fun in deep stuff. Good to see how the boards are made to, was a pretty cool set up.
Just got a new set of union forces to go with it, cant wait to try em all out this weekend!

chucky - 08 June 2011 09:58 AM

I know, I chickened out a bit. I won’t get the full benefits of the NUG - but I think it’s a much beter fit for my size and style of riding.

how will you not get the full benefits of the Nug?