The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

If you were buying a new dual cab 4x4 ute…..........?

Poll: The contenders
Total Votes: 16
Toyota ~ Hilux
Holden ~ Colorado
Mazda ~ BT 50
Volkswagon ~ Amarok
Nissan ~ Navara D40
Nissan ~ Navara D22
Mitsubishi ~ Triton
Ford ~ Ranger

That’s because the hilux is High Luxury!

I didn’t know much about the VW until last night. Good looking vehicle.

I’ve seen a sweet 70 series Dualcab ute. I looked like a stock fit-out.

spaz - 04 June 2011 03:14 AM

shaka shaka shaka shaka shaka

these arnt new we just havnt had them here… they been in north america for years

The 2011 model is new.
wink

spaz - 05 June 2011 09:33 AM

The 2011 model is new.
wink

The 2012 model is probably out now though!!!!

i for one dont like the look of that new cruiser. looks like a matchbox car.

the VW gets my vote

Just took the VW for a test drive, suitably impressed.

It has this hill start thing, so you don’t have to do hand brake starts…............. genius smile

missus subaru imprezza has same thing. its handy

yeh, most the 2000+ subies have it dont they?

Yeah, we had a 2003 Forester with it!!!!! Pretty cool option!!!!! Took a little while ta get used to it though!!!!!

How’d the other test drives stack up Azz???? What’s leadin the want list now????

Azz - 06 June 2011 06:13 AM

It has this hill start thing, so you don’t have to do hand brake starts…............. genius smile

Just dont forget if your in a different car that it doesnt have same feature lol

cabletieperformance - 06 June 2011 06:39 AM
Azz - 06 June 2011 06:13 AM

Just dont forget if your in a different car that it doesnt have same feature lol

That’s for the person behind to worry about!!!!!

Only drove the VW today. Had a good look and climb over and under the Triton and Hilux (all in same dealership)

The Hilux does not have lap / sash seat belt in the rear middle. We will have three rear seat passengers on a regular basis so that was a big X beside its name.

I have driven the Hilux a few times before so know how they feel etc. I hate the seating position for the driver in the Hilux & Triton.

My bro in law has a triton, so have spent a bit of time in one. I dunno, something about it does not float my boat. I love the Pajero, but the Triton seems lacking.

One of our clients has a Nissan D40 which I have driven a every six months or so over a couple of years, When it was new I loved it, but after the two year mark it was turning into a rattly bucket of bolts.

The VW after today….............

Against for the VW so far,

Rear seat is very upright
Costs the bomb ($490) for the ipod connection thingy.
Stupid cup holder sticking out of dash on passenger side (easily removed)
Another Stupid cup holder sticking out of floor where rear middle passengers feet should be (easily removed). Our kids would bust it in 30 seconds
The ARB line up of extras is minimal for the VW
Headlights don’t shut off with ignition, we leave our lights on all the time, so PIA.
The indicators and wipers are arse about on the column, euro thing. PIA when swapping from i30 to Euro trash on regular basis.

I love the read out on the dash saying when to change up and down gears and which one you are in.
The gear movement is really tight.
Reasonable power out of the 2 lt twin turbo, but jumping out of the cruiser with the V8 it feels crap.
The multi display thing has all I need and easy to scroll through
The off road bits and pieces seem to be good, need to head up the bush to see for sure, but they won’t let me do that
downer
Head light are adjustable from the cab depending on your load in the back.

So if I do get one I still have to add another 6-7 k to add the “extras” I would like from ARB. Bull bar, winch, drive lights, snorkel and air compressor.

I must say I am very impressed so far with the VW. Now its time to start annoying the crap out of sales dudes and ringing around to get an awesome deal.

If I went with the Colorado, I could fully pimp it out and still have change. But of course, it has down falls as well.

Give em heaps Dad!!!!!  cool grin

cant go wrong with a toyota

Always been a Cruiser man….............  wink